|Active Wear Contest|
January 1 through 31, 2011
Create some activewear for yourself or others! Activewear must be intended for an active situation.
All work on the garment(s) must be done in January 2011. (Pattern can be one previously used.) The review must include the following:
- Description of the garment
- The intended use of the garment
- Why the garment qualifies as active wear
- The fabric choice and why it is appropriate for the intended use
- What features (fabric, cut, design, features) differentiate this from garments for other functions
There must be something about the garment that differentiates it from everyday clothing or casual lounge wear. The contest manager will be asked to remove entries that do not seem to meet the contest criteria, so make certain you explain why your item does meet the requirements.
There will be one 1st place winner to this contest, determined by popular vote. There will also be one random drawing winner, from all finished qualified entries.
First Prize: $100 Gift Certificate to purchase patterns at Studio Cherie
Random Entry Prize: Three patterns of the winner's choice from Studio Cherie.
*Rules that apply to all contests:
1. All reviews must be entered for submission by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the last day of the contest. Contest dates will be listed for each contest.
2. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, patterns may be drafted, tweaked, and muslined before the contest date, but fabric for the pieces entered may not be laid out or cut till the start date of the contest. Fabric may be pretreated before the contest date.
3. Items intended for sale, or for which you were or will be paid to make, do not qualify for any contest, but items made for charity are welcome!
4. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, all reviews written for a contest entry must include a picture of the entry.
1. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the start of a contest is eligible to enter.
2. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the end of a contest is eligible to vote in a contest.
3. Any member who's won 1st place in a contest on Pattern Review ended in the previous 4 months is ineligible to win another contest (for that 4 month period).