|Mini-Wardrobe Contest - Expand You Wardrobe |
March 1 through March 31, 2011
This is a contest to create a 5-piece wardrobe in 4 weeks. Four of these pieces must be sewn during the contest period. The 5th piece should be something that your already own. It can be a neutral item or a hard-to-match item that needs help getting incorporated into your daily wear.
These 5 items must combine to make a minimum of 6 different outfits.
Example: 2 bottoms & 3 tops. Each top matches both bottoms. This give 6 outfits.
Example: 2 bottoms, 2 tops, & a topper (eg, a shrug). Each top matches both bottoms, & the topper goes with all. This gives 8 outfits.
Extreme example for someone who likes layering: short sleeve tunic dress, skinny pants, turtleneck, shrug, long skirt. Potentially 13 outfits.
Storyboard: It is suggested that each entrant make a storyboard, which is a plan showing the planned garments and the minimum quantity of outfits. This will help the entrants visualize the garments together, and to complete the mini-wardrobe in the contest period. The storyboard can be drawn and posted in a work in progress (WIP) review that can be updated during the contest.
The actual entry review will be a "composite review" for the wardrobe itself. The composite review should have links to the individual reviews of each item. (If all items are from one wardrobe pattern, the one review will suffice.)
This wardrobe/ensemble may be created for men, women, or children. Doll clothing is not admissible. Accessories, while they may be made and showcased with the wardrobe, are not a part of this contest. An accessory that is not part of the official wardrobe will not count as one of the 5 items.
There will be a 1st place winner determined by Pattern Review member vote, and second winner randomly drawn from all qualified entries.
*Rules that apply to all contests:
1. All reviews must be entered for submission by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the last day of the contest. Contest dates will be listed for each contest.
2. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, patterns may be drafted, tweaked, and muslined before the contest date, but fabric for the pieces entered may not be laid out or cut till the start date of the contest. Fabric may be pretreated before the contest date.
3. Items intended for sale, or for which you were or will be paid to make, do not qualify for any contest, but items made for charity are welcome!
4. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, all reviews written for a contest entry must include a picture of the entry.
* Contest Eligibility
1. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the start of a contest is eligible to enter.
2. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the end of a contest is eligible to vote in a contest.
3. Any member who's won 1st place in a contest on Pattern Review ended in the previous 4 months is ineligible to win another contest (for that 4 month period).