Pattern Review Challenge Contest: Aprons
May 1 through May 14, 2011
Making an apron sounds pretty basic, but think of this is an opportunity to have fun and maybe make a gift for a loved one. (Mother's and Father's Day are both coming up, as is cookout season!) Aprons can be fun, diverse and useful.
The rules are pretty simple: make an apron (or two - multiple submissions are okay). The apron must provide coverage for the garments underneath, with primary coverage being in the front. It can be a full or a half apron, to be worn for cooking or barbecue or utility purposes. The apron can be for a man, woman or child. It can be as basic or elaborate as you desire - aprons don't require a lot of yardage, so you could consider this an extension of any stash-busting sewing from earlier in the year.
sponsored by Kwik Sew Pattern Company
First Prize: 10 patterns of the winner's choice (approx $100 values)
Random Entry Prize: 5 patterns of the winner's choice (approx $50 value).
Rules that apply to all contests:
1. All reviews must be entered for submission by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the last day of the contest. Contest dates will be listed for each contest.
2. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, patterns may be drafted, tweaked, and muslined before the contest date, but fabric for the pieces entered may not be laid out or cut till the start date of the ontest. Fabric may be pretreated before the contest date.
3. Items intended for sale, or for which you were or will be paid to make, do not qualify for any contest, but items made for charity are welcome!
4. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, all reviews written for a contest entry must include a picture of the entry.
1. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the start of a contest is eligible to enter.
2. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the end of a contest is eligible to vote in a contest.
3. Any member who's won 1st place in a contest on Pattern Review ended in the previous 4 months is ineligible to win another contest (for that 4 month period).