Sewing for Children
July 1 through August 31, 2011
Voting September 2 through 10, 2011
This contest is a chance to sew something wonderful - a garment, home decor, or craft item, as long as it's sewn -- for a baby or a child (your own or someone else's, including items sewn for charity).
For the purposes of this contest, a child is a human from newborn to age 12, elementary school age (That would be up to and including grade 6), and who still fit into children's sizing. This contest is to showcase your items that are sewn for children, children's styles, children's sizes. If your child has matured and is into misses sizes then consider saving your contest sewing for a different contest. All patterns should be baby or children's sizing.
The rules for this contest:
1) Sew a garment, home decor item or craft intended for wear or use by a child (see definition above) or for decorating a baby's or child's room. Doll clothing is not included in this contest unless sewn along with a matching child's outfit.
2) Items may be based on commercial, free public-use or self-drafted patterns. Patterns may be new, never sewn before, or TNT.
3) The contest period runs July 1 - August 31, 2011. Submitted item must be started on or after July 1 2011 and completed and reviewed by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on August 31, 2011.
Patterns may be drafted, tweaked, and muslined before the contest date, but fabric for the pieces entered may not be laid out or cut till the start date of the contest (July 1). Fabric may be pretreated before the contest date.
4) More than one item can be entered in the contest.
5) Final products may be pictured on a dress form, worn by the garment's intended owner, or photographed in situ. Please consult with the contest moderator if none of these alternatives is feasible for you.
The winner will be decided by member vote. There will also be a random drawing winner from all eligible entries.
Sponsored by sewitup.com
First Prize: $100 Gift Certificate
Random Entry Prize: $75 Gift Certificate
*Rules that apply to all contests:
1. All reviews must be entered for submission by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the last day of the contest. Contest dates will be listed for each contest.
2. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, patterns may be drafted, tweaked, and muslined before the contest date, but fabric for the pieces entered may not be laid out or cut till the start date of the contest. Fabric may be pretreated before the contest date.
3. Items intended for sale, or for which you were or will be paid to make, do not qualify for any contest, but items made for charity are welcome!
4. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, all reviews written for a contest entry must include a picture of the entry.
1. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the start of a contest is eligible to enter.
2. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the end of a contest is eligible to vote in a contest.
3. Any member who's won 1st place in a contest on Pattern Review ended in the previous 4 months is ineligible to win another contest (for that 4 month period).