|Contest runs from August 1, 2011 to Midnight August 14, 2011.|
Must be a wearable garment constructed from unconventional material(s). May be machine or hand-sewn. Fabric can be used for the inner layer or lining, but the majority must be constructed from materials not usually thought of as "fabric".
"Worn" accessories like hats, and gloves are acceptable, but not purses or totes.
Rules that apply to all contests:
1. All reviews must be entered for submission by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the last day of the contest. Contest dates will be listed for each contest.
2. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, patterns may be drafted, tweaked, and muslined before the contest date, but fabric for the pieces entered may not be laid out or cut till the start date of the contest. Fabric may be pretreated before the contest date.
3. Items intended for sale, or for which you were or will be paid to make, do not qualify for any contest, but items made for charity are welcome!
4. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, all reviews written for a contest entry must include a picture of the entry.
1. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the start of a contest is eligible to enter.
2. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the end of a contest is eligible to vote in a contest.
3. Any member who's won 1st place in a contest on Pattern Review ended in the previous 4 months is ineligible to win another contest (for that 4 month period).
Some possible ideas for materials:
* subway bags
* tin cans
* juice boxes
* saran/plastic wrap
* burlap sacks
* shopping bags
* wrapping paper
* bubble wrap
* duct tape
* aluminum foil
sponsored by Kwik Sew Pattern Company
First Prize: 10 patterns of the winner's choice (approx $100 values)
Random Entry Prize: 5 patterns of the winner's choice (approx $50 value).