Get all dressed up - - - in a costume.
- Contest will begin Sept. 1 and run until Sept. 30th. Items sewn prior to Sept. 1st cannot be entered into the contest
- Costumes do not have to be only Halloween costumes. Any costume can be entered.
- All sewing must be during September. Patterns may be previous used or first time patterns.
- You can enter as many items as you want in the contest.
- Pet costumes are also included.
- A review is required for each item which is entered in the contest. (If the item is made from the same pattern you've reviewed once, you can update that review and enter it into the contest.)
The winner will be determined by member votes.
First Prize: $100 gift certificate to shop at http://www.oldpatterns.com
Second Prize: $50 gift certificate to shop at http://www.oldpatterns.com
Voting begins Oct. 2nd and ends Oct. 10th.
Suggested voting (and sewing) considerations:
- How is the quality of construction (compared to the entrant's skill level)?
- Does the fabric selected work well with the costume style?
- If it's an historical costume, is it similar to original?
- If it's a pet costume, is it comfortable for the pet?
- Is this a particularly creative costume?
- Is this idea useable by others?
First place winner will be decided by member vote.
There will also be an Random Entry prize from the completed entries.
*Rules that apply to all contests:
1. All reviews must be entered for submission by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the last day of the contest. Contest dates will be listed for each contest.
2. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, patterns may be drafted, tweaked, and muslined before the contest date, but fabric for the pieces entered may not be laid out or cut till the start date of the contest. Fabric may be pretreated before the contest date.
3. Items intended for sale, or for which you were or will be paid to make, do not qualify for any contest, but items made for charity are welcome!
4. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, all reviews written for a contest entry must include a picture of the entry.
1. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the start of a contest is eligible to enter.
2. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the end of a contest is eligible to vote in a contest.
3. Any member who's won 1st place in a contest on Pattern Review ended in the previous 4 months is ineligible to win another contest (for that 4 month period). You would still be eligible for the Random Prize.