|The contest will begin on October 1 and run until Oct 31st. Items sewn prior to October 1st cannot be entered into the contest|
This contest is a little more open than some other PR Contests - while there is no specific breast cancer tie-in, we're leaving it up to you, the members, to decide if you want to take your project in that direction. Maybe you have something to say, or someone to commemorate, or maybe you just want to make a fabulous pink gown a la Marilyn Monroe in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.
Whichever direction you choose to take, here are a few guidelines to keep the playing field even:
1. The project MUST be predominantly pink.
2. Neutral colors such as black or white or a print can also be part of the project, but the predominant color must be pink.
3. It should be a wearable garment for an adult (male or female).
4. Commercial patterns or original/self-drafted patterns may be used.
5. Any shade of pink is okay.
6. You can enter as many items as you want in the contest.
7. A review is required for each item which is entered in the contest. (If the item is made from the same pattern you've reviewed previously, you can update that review and enter it into the contest or create a new review.)
Voting begins Nov. 2nd and ends Nov. 10th.
First place winner will be decided by member vote. First prize winner will receive a signed copy of 1,000 Clever Sewing Shortcuts and Tips and a free online class on PatternReview.com
EVERY participants who enters a project in this contest will receive a free pattern from our sponsor - Studio Cherie!
*Rules that apply to all contests:
1. All reviews must be entered for submission by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the last day of the contest. Contest dates will be listed for each contest.
2. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, patterns may be drafted, tweaked, and muslined before the contest date, but fabric for the pieces entered may not be laid out or cut till the start date of the contest. Fabric may be pretreated before the contest date.
3. Items intended for sale, or for which you were or will be paid to make, do not qualify for any contest, but items made for charity are welcome!
4. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, all reviews written for a contest entry must include a picture of the entry.
1. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the start of a contest is eligible to enter.
2. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the end of a contest is eligible to vote in a contest.
3. Any member who's won 1st place in a contest on Pattern Review ended in the previous 4 months is ineligible to win another contest (for that 4 month period). You would still be eligible for the Random Prize.