This contest is your chance to use all those patterns you've been collecting but haven't had the opportunity to use yet.
1. Enter only those items which have been sewn from patterns which are in your stash AND you haven't used these patterns before. The idea is to encourage each other to use those patterns we bought but never used.
2. You can enter apparel or craft items as long as you SEW them.
3. Pattern Stash is defined as the patterns you have in your possession approximately 6 months or more (in other words, in your stash prior to May 2011). Your guess is good enough; the idea is that you have had it a while and have not gotten around to sewing it. Downloaded patterns may be used providing they were downloaded around 6 or more months ago. Self drafted patterns are not allowed for this contest.
4. Patterns from magazines or BWOF, Patrones, KnipMode, Ottobre, etc. may be used providing the issue of the magazine is May 2011 or earlier. However, you may only enter 4 garments, of distinct types, from any one issue, and they must be patterns you haven't made before. The goal here is to open and use as many issues as you can.
5. You may only enter one item from each pattern (regardless if it is a wardrobe pattern or not). Patterns from magazines or books can be used. Because there are so many patterns included in most of these, you may enter up to 4 garments, but each of distinct types (top, pant, etc), from any one issue. They must be patterns & styles you haven't made before from that issue. The goal here is to open and use as many patterns or issues as you have.
6. Since this is a pattern stash contest, patterns should be new, unused, prior to the start of the contest. Fabric may be prepped, preshrunk, however patterns should be untouched. (For obvious reasons, there can be no muslins in advance of the contest start date.)
For each unused pattern which you make in item from, give yourself one point. The winner will be the person who uses the most number of patterns. (This is not a voted contest.) There will also be a random drawing winner, so even the less prodigious sewers have a chance at a prize.
-Vintage patterns that you've purchased but not used will count. The fact that some previous owner may have used the pattern already is irrelevant to this contest.
First prize - $100 Gift Certificate from Spoonflower
Random Entry prize - $50 Gift Certificate from Spoonflower
*Rules that apply to all contests:
1. All reviews must be entered for submission by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the last day of the contest. Contest dates will be listed for each contest.
2. Note: for this specific contest, it is stated in the rules that patterns may not be drafted, tweaked, and muslined before the contest date. Fabric may be pretreated before the contest date.
3. Items intended for sale, or for which you were or will be paid to make, do not qualify for any contest, but items made for charity are welcome!
4. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, all reviews written for a contest entry must include a picture of the entry.
1. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the start of a contest is eligible to enter.
2. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the end of a contest is eligible to vote in a contest.
3. Any member who's won 1st place in a contest on Pattern Review ended in the previous 4 months is ineligible to win another contest (for that 4 month period).