April 1st to April 30 2012
Have you been inspired by some of the current Ė or not so current style trends? Is your Pinterest board- or your real live inspiration board- filled with pictures of garments you would love to own but either canít afford or canít find? Then the RTW (Ready To Wear)Contest is the contest for you!
Create a garment inspired by one that you have seen. The inspiration item can be from a Ready-To-Wear line, from the runway, or any other garment you have seen worn or pictured.
The garment must clearly be inspired by the original piece. It does not have to be, but can be, an exact copy. List changes you have made and what features you have kept.
Review requirements: A picture of the inspiration piece and your finished garment must both be included; they can be put into the same picture. It is highly recommended that you MODEL YOUR FINISHED garment and STRIKE THE SAME POSE AS THE MODEL IN THE INSPIRATION GARMENT PHOTO.
There will be a 1st place winner and a 2nd place winner determined by Pattern Review member vote.
First Prize: $75 Gift certificate from StyleArc Patterns
Second Prize: $50 Gift certificate from StyleArc Patterns
Items to consider when voting:
- Does the garment resemble the inspiration piece in some clear way?
- Do the changes made by the entrant work (both fabric selection and style modifications)?
- Taking into consideration the stated skill level of the entrant, is it well constructed and well fitted?
- Is the review clear and well documented?
*Rules that apply to all contests:
1. All reviews must be entered for submission by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the last day of the contest. Contest dates will be listed for each contest.
2. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, patterns may be drafted, tweaked, and muslined before the contest date, but fabric for the pieces entered may not be laid out or cut till the start date of the contest. Fabric may be pretreated before the contest date.
3. Items intended for sale, or for which you were or will be paid to make, do not qualify for any contest, but items made for charity are welcome!
4. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, all reviews written for a contest entry must include a picture of the entry.
* Contest Eligibility
1. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the start of a contest is eligible to enter.
2. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the end of a contest is eligible to vote in a contest.
3. Any member who's won 1st place in a contest on Pattern Review ended in the previous 4 months is ineligible to win another contest (for that 4 month period).