|Are you addicted to Pinterest? Are your boards overflowing with pictures of that perfect throw pillow or charming curtains or other home decor that never seems to get made? Or is there a home dec tutorial that you've been meaning to try? Then the Inspired By Pinterest: Home Dec Challenge is the contest for you!|
Sew something for your home inspired by something you've seen on Pinterest or pinned yourself. The inspiration pin(s) can be a tutorial, a retail item or series of pins/mood board.
The project must clearly be inspired by the original pin(s). List changes you have made and what features you have kept.
The project can be sewn from a commercial pattern, but simply pinning that pattern does not qualify as an inspiration pin for the purposes of this contest.
Review requirements: A picture or link to your inspiration pin and your finished project must both be included; they can be put into the same picture.
General Rules for all Contests
1. All reviews must be entered for submission by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the last day of the contest. It is suggested to start your review as a Work In Progress (private or public) so that you can get any bugs ironed out prior to the deadline.
2. Patterns MAY be muslined prior to the start of this contest however; fabric for contest garment may NOT be cut prior to the start of the contest. Fabric may be pretreated before the start of the contest.
3. Items intended for sale, or for which you were or will be paid to make, do not qualify for any contest, but items made for charity are welcome.
4. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, all reviews written for a contest entry must include a picture of the entry, preferably on a live model.
5. Interpretation of rules is subject to the discretion of the contest manager and the contest committee.
Contest Eligibility: ***Rule #1 is changed for 2013
1. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who is a registered member on the site before the contest begins is eligible to enter.
2. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the end of a contest is eligible to vote in a contest.
3. Any member who's won first place in a contest on Pattern Review that ended in the previous four-month period is ineligible to win another contest (during that four-month period).
The first, second and third place winners will be decided by member vote. Prizes will be awarded to the first and second place winners.
First Prize: $100 Gift Certificate from Fashion Fabrics Club
Second Prize: $50 Gift Certificate from Fashion Fabrics Club