|Pattern Stash Contest|
March 16 – April 30, 2013
This contest is your chance to use all those patterns you've been collecting but haven't had the opportunity to use yet.
1. Enter only those items which have been sewn from patterns which are in your stash AND you haven't used before. The idea is to encourage each other to use those patterns we bought but never used.
2. You can enter apparel or craft items as long as you SEW them.
3. Pattern Stash is defined as the patterns you have in your possession approximately 6 months or more (in other words, in your stash prior to about September 16, 2012). Your guess is good enough; the idea is that you have had it a while and have not gotten around to sewing it. Downloaded patterns may be used providing they were downloaded around 6 or more months ago. Self drafted patterns are not allowed for this contest.
4. Patterns from magazines or BurdaStyle, Patrones, KnipMode, Ottobre, etc. may be used providing the issue of the magazine is September 2012 or earlier. However, you may only enter 4 garments, of distinct types, from any one issue, and they must be patterns you haven't made before. The goal here is to open and use as many issues as you can.
5. You may only enter one item from each pattern (regardless if it is a wardrobe pattern or not).
6. Since this is a pattern stash contest, patterns should be new and unused, prior to the start of the contest. Fabric may be prepped and pre-shrunk, however patterns should be untouched. (For obvious reasons, there can be no muslins in advance of the contest start date.)
This is a points based contest - 1 pattern used = 1 point. For each unused pattern which you make an item from, give yourself one point. The winner will be the person who uses the most patterns. (This is not a voted contest. We will be using the honor system!) There will also be a random drawing winner, so even the less prodigious sewers have a chance at a prize.
-Vintage patterns that you've purchased but not used will count. The fact that some previous owner may have used the pattern already is irrelevant to this contest.
-A pattern in stash must have actual pattern pieces. Downloadable tutorials with no pattern pieces would not qualify.
- Downloadable patterns are allowed. An elephant stuffed animal where you had to download and print the pieces would be fine. The pattern would have to be printed out or in the stash within the same time period that applies to any other pattern.
- If you normally trace your patterns, whether from a magazine like BurdaStyle or just because you want to keep the original tissue, you can do this before March 16.
General Rules for all Contests
1. All reviews must be entered for submission by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the last day of the contest. It is suggested to start your review as a Work In Progress (private or public) so that you can get any bugs ironed out prior to the deadline.
2. Note: for this specific contest, it is stated in the rules that patterns may not be drafted, tweaked, and muslined before the contest date. Fabric may be pretreated before the contest date.
3. Items intended for sale, or for which you were or will be paid to make, do not qualify for any contest, but items made for charity are welcome.
4. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, all reviews written for a contest entry must include a picture of the entry, preferably on a live model.
5. Interpretation of rules is subject to the discretion of the contest manager and the contest committee.
Contest Eligibility: ***Rule #1 is changed for 2013
1. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who is a registered member on the site before the contest begins is eligible to enter.
2. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the end of a contest is eligible to vote in a contest.
3. Any member who's won first place in a contest on Pattern Review that ended in the previous four-month period is ineligible to win another contest (during that four-month period).
Again, this is a points based contest - 1 pattern used = 1 point. For each unused pattern from which you make an item, give yourself one point. The winner will be the person who uses the most patterns. (This is not a voted contest. We will be using the honor system!) There will also be a random drawing winner, so even the less prodigious sewers have a chance at a prize.
Prizes for the contest
Sponsored by oldpatterns.com
First Prize: $50 Gift Certificate
Second Prize: $25 Gift Certificate