The point of this contest is to finish all those UnFinished Objects (UFO's) that you have hanging around.
As you read the rules below, please note these important points:
1. Projects stalled AFTER March 1, 2013 are NOT eligible.
2.General Rule #2 about muslining or cutting out before the start of the contest does NOT apply to this contest.
3.Muslins are not eligible as UFO’s UNLESS they were truly intended as “wearable” muslins, i.e., a trial attempt at a pattern that you do intend to wear if it turns out well.
4.You must write a review of each of the UFO’s you complete. No composite review is required.
Here are the OFFICIAL RULES:
This contest is geared towards those projects that you began with so much joy and hope...only to see them relegated to a box/bag/back closet. Now is your chance to cross them off the to-do list. Only projects started and stalled before around March 1st of 2013 will qualify as an UnFinished Object (UFO) for this contest.
1. In the month of July 2013, enter the projects that you complete but which were started and somehow stalled before March 2013.
2. A UFO is any sewing project that has been started but stalled due to fitting issues or other difficulties, fabric cut but not yet sewn; partially sewn; or just waiting for the finishing touches. Mending Ready to Wear clothing or mending clothing you finished in the past does not count as a UFO for this contest. Fabric matched with a pattern but with no actual work done to the fabric does not count. A muslin does not count unless it is truly to be a wearable muslin.
3.Your current projects don't count if you've worked on it at any time after March 1st. Your hands, armed with pins, scissors, or sewing machine may not have touched it after the magical date of March 1st.
4. Please post on the contest discussion board a list of all your qualifying UFO's as you discover them or begin to finish them, as well as a guess as to how long this UFO exists. You can add additional UFOs as you find them.
5. Write a review about each of your UFO’s, including why it has been an unfinished object for so long. Note if there were problems in the pattern or project, and please include how you overcame them so readers can benefit from your experience. All reviews must be posted before 11:59 Eastern Time July 31st, as shown on this website.
6. Enter the review into the contest and Assign points per the table below. Remember you are on the honour system here!
--- 4 pts- fabric cut out- completely unsewn
--- 3 pts- more than half the project is left to do
--- 2 pts- less than half the project is left to do, but it is more than just hemming or attaching buttons
--- 1 pt- the final steps such as hemming or sewing on buttons
GENERAL RULES FOR ALL CONTESTS
1. All reviews must be entered for submission by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the last day of the contest. It is suggested to start your review as a Work In Progress (private or public) so that you can get any bugs ironed out prior to the deadline.
2. Patterns MAY be muslined prior to the start of this contest however; fabric for contest garment may NOT be cut prior to the start of the contest. Fabric may be pretreated before the start of the contest.
3. Items intended for sale, or for which you were or will be paid to make, do not qualify for any contest, but items made for charity are welcome.
4. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, all reviews written for a contest entry must include a picture of the entry, preferably on a live model.
5. Interpretation of rules is subject to the discretion of the contest manager and the contest committee.
Contest Eligibility: ***Rule #1 is changed for 2013
1. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who is a registered member on the site before the contest begins is eligible to enter.
2. Any member of Pattern Review, either paying (FoPR) or non-paying, who's been a registered member on the site for 90 days prior to the end of a contest is eligible to vote in a contest.
3. Any member who's won first place in a contest on Pattern Review that ended in the previous four-month period is ineligible to win another contest (during that four-month period).
The first, second and third place winners will be decided by points. Prizes will be awarded to the first and second place winners.
Prizes for the contest:
First Prize: Any online class of the winner's choice.
Second Prize: Any pattern (digital or paper) of the winner's choice.