||No Pattern Used:RndR20130701 (Skirts)
||Whilst delving into my stash for the Stash Down Contest, I found a skirt, in a lovely Hawaiian Print that I had started about 15 years and 75 pounds ago. Maybe even 20 years, not sure. I don't remember the pattern, but I do remember getting the waistband on, after the 12 front pleats and 12 back pleats, and realizing that it was several inches too small. So, it hung in the sewing closet for "just a while" "'till I loose a couple of pounds". I took off the waistband and de-pleated the front pleats, which also involved taking off a facing piece that I think was part of the pattern to be a "control top". Then I cut the bottom off the skirt in the same width as needed to match the original waistband, stitching enough of it on the end of the original to fit my real time now size. I re-attached the waistband - the original covered from side seam to side seam across the front. It already had the button hole finished in it and the zipper was installed; and sewed the newly formed part across the back. The back darts and pocket stayed as sewn. Ta-Da!
||7/11/13 6:06 PM