SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Detailed Contest Report

Progress Report for Fitzykim
Contest: Refashion Contest     Managed By: ElizabethDee
  Photo Pattern Used Points Items Made Yardage Used Description Last Updated
1 No Pattern Used:refashion (Coordinates) 2 2.000 0.100 I refashioned an outdated dress and jacket for my daughter. The bottom of the dress had cut out fabric with white fabric showing through that was very interesting. I shortened the dress by cutting out @ 16 inches of fabric from under the bustline. Since the fabric was cut on the bias I sewed twill tape on the dress before I cut so it wouldn't stretch while I sewed it back together. I refitted the bust darts (on dress and jacket) to fit better also. I shortened the straps to bring the neckline up. I added some embroidery at the top to match the design on the bottom. I added a white grosgrain ribbon to tie at the back of the dress.

The jacket took some major cuts. I cut off the "peplums" and after marking a v-shape neckline on the jacket I cut off the collar. I removed the shoulder pads and took a deeper seam on the sleeve at the shoulder. I hemmed the sleeves to get rid of the white overcast stitching. I cut off the bottom of the two small peplums and added the scalloped edge to the bottom of each sleeve. I used the other peplum piece to make a flower/rose for decoration on the jacket or dress. I serged the edge of the neck and turned it back @ 1 inch, topstitching it down and around the bottom of the jacket. I also added a new buttonhole for a larger size button.
11/30/11 9:00 PM
2 No Pattern Used:self pattern (Coordinates) 2 2.000 1.000 I refashioned an outdated dress and jacket for my daughter. The bottom of the dress had cut out fabric with white fabric showing through that was very interesting. I shortened the dress by cutting out @ 16 inches of fabric from under the bustline. Since the fabric was cut on the bias I sewed twill tape on the dress before I cut so it wouldn't stretch while I sewed it back together. I refitted the bust darts (on dress and jacket) to fit better also. I shortened the straps to bring the neckline up. I added some embroidery at the top to match the design on the bottom. I added a white grosgrain ribbon to tie at the back of the dress.

The jacket took some major cuts. I cut off the "peplums" and after marking a v-shape neckline on the jacket I cut off the collar. I removed the shoulder pads and took a deeper seam on the sleeve at the shoulder. I hemmed the sleeves to get rid of the white overcast stitching. I cut off the bottom of the two small peplums and added the scalloped edge to the bottom of each sleeve. I used the other peplum piece to make a flower/rose for decoration on the jacket or dress. I serged the edge of the neck and turned it back @ 1 inch, topstitching it down and around the bottom of the jacket. I also added a new buttonhole for a larger size button.
11/30/11 8:14 PM
  Total 4 4 1.1    
Note: if the Pattern Used is highlighted, clicking on it will display a list of reviews for that pattern. To write a review for a pattern please Click here

Back to Contest Report    Add more items    Discuss with others

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.