Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6179 (Peasant top)

Reviewed by:Rhonda Noah

About Rhonda Noahstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:3/2/03 2:23 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Rhonda Noah said... (3/3/03 11:42 AM) Reply
Kim, do you normally take a size 6 in New Look patterns? That would be for about a 29" bust.... I'm normally a 6 in RTW, but my next top from this pattern will be a size 12. Even if a 10 (32 1/2 bust) is slightly large for you, this top is not as boxy/baggy in the cut as most peasant tops and will most likely fit you just fine. HTH
alex said... (3/3/03 11:40 AM) Reply
Thanks for the helpful review, Rhonda. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations once the digital camera is sorted out!.
AnneM said... (3/3/03 11:36 AM) Reply
Kim - head over to the new pattern drafting section on the message board. I am certain that they can give you some guidance.
Kim Winson said... (3/3/03 10:37 AM) Reply
Thank you, Rhonda! I've been eyeing this pattern for some eyelet that I bought. I do need some help from everyone though: it doesn't come in my size! I need it in a size 6--where to go for how-to?
Rhonda Noah said... (3/3/03 5:38 AM) Reply
Mary T, this top will fit the bill for your daughter, I'm sure! Deepika, I was so busy fussing and fuming with the bust that I didn't really notice the length! It did fit my 38" hips over my jeans, although it says it's a 34" hip. (It would have fit my niece fine in the hips.) I also cut off about an inch of the length to even it up as my rayon had shifted during cutting. I do think the gentle curve of the sides gave it a nicer look; not so baggy as some styles I've seen.
Deepika said... (3/2/03 8:51 PM) Reply
Wow Rhonda, very helpful review. I must take out this pattern to try the longer sleeve version for this summer. Also did you feel the length of the top was too long?
AnneM said... (3/2/03 7:45 PM) Reply
Maybe that is why the model is leaning forward in the pattern picture - to give more bust room. Good luck with the camera.
SouthernStitch said... (3/2/03 7:22 PM) Reply
Rhonda, thanks for this review. My dd wants a peasant top, and I want just a plain, peasant top pattern, no frills. This is now on my wish list - thanks for all the details and suggestions!

by: atymonw