Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Emily Knit Top (Emily Knit Top)

Reviewed by:SueV

More Info provided by SueV

Pattern Rating:Highly Recommend
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Fabric:Rayon-Lycra Knit  [See other projects in this fabric]
Pattern Description: This cleverly designed top has a pleat shoulder with a twist. Front and back shoulder yokes and an elbow length sleeve makes this garment a great wardrobe staple.

Pattern Sizing: Misses 4-30

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Were the instructions easy to follow? I had a really hard time with the tuck detail. I had to read and re-read and walk away, and read again, but I think I got it. But once you get past that, it goes together quick. I wish I would have taken photos of the tuck process to post. I got hung up on the "3 A's" to bring together because I could only see 2, but I think the third is the seam line (you will understand this if you do the top). Update: was just shown this Click Here for tutorial here

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like the tuck and the fact that it is so unusual.

Fabric Used: Rayon knit. (I think I'm still stuck on stripes )

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I cut the yoke against the grain so that the stripes would be vertical. I'm glad I did this and it didn't make any difference in fit or ease.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? yes, I will make this again. I keep looking at the yoke and sleeves and think how cute this would be if I used different fabric for those pieces. Even using a sheer.

Conclusion: this is a cute top, and I'm really loving these Style Arc patterns and their uniqueness. The instructions really give my brain a workout, but it is worth it.

Victoria Jones Collection

Timeless Hawaiian styles

boutiquefabric.com

High end fashion fabrics

Lynmarie said... (8/27/14 7:22 AM) Reply
Love your top, thanks for the link to the tutorial, very, very helpful. S.A patterns do make you think, I have learnt to follow the notches :)
Couturemum said... (8/27/14 2:38 AM) Reply
I just made this top and understand exactly what you mean about the third 'a'! I was stumped for ages lol
Danmar said... (8/18/14 6:19 AM) Reply
This is an interesting detail on the shoulder--I like it and I like the stripes too!
liliv said... (8/18/14 2:40 AM) Reply
The stipes look great!
MrsCharisma said... (8/17/14 8:03 PM) Reply
Very cool!
Dee2 said... (8/17/14 7:11 PM) Reply
This top looks fab in stripes! Sorry that I passed on this pattern.
LlanoGirl said... (8/17/14 2:11 PM) Reply
Super looking top, I love it! Haven't noticed this pattern but have to check it out after seeing yours. Bet it's really cute on!
gmagina said... (8/17/14 12:58 PM) Reply
Such a cute top. Love all the different details. Great job.

My Image Magazine IW1001