Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 150 (Dana's Top)

Reviewed by:Lorna C. Newman

About Lorna C. Newmanstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 8/10/02
Posted on:10/30/05 10:53 PM
Last Updated:10/30/05 10:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
Sonut said... (1/9/13 9:13 PM) Reply
Regarding the Stretched Seam across the yoke I had the same problem, and then recently I stitched another knit wita chain stitch on my cover stitch machine and it seemed to stretch less, but still allowed the garment to stretch as needed.
Danvillegirl said... (11/1/05 5:57 AM) Reply
Great looking and fitting top. I made one of her blouses (550 Cowl Neck) before and it was a disaster. I do like her sewing instructions and have watched her on Sew Much More a few times. I ordered a jacket pattern from her to give her patterns a try again. Glad you had such good results. I think I just need to figure my finished size and go for it.
AliceB said... (10/31/05 6:42 PM) Reply
Lorna, Thank you... Thank you... I have this pattern and have been reluctant to try it out. I love Peggy's Classic Blouse pattern so just need to dive right in.
Jill Giard said... (10/31/05 5:52 PM) Reply
Nice top! The color and style are great on you.
Diana M said... (10/31/05 1:34 PM) Reply
What a terrific find, Lorna -- no FBA and it fits wonderfully. Thanks for the review.
SouthernStitch said... (10/31/05 1:04 PM) Reply
This looks good on you! I have a few of her patterns in my stash I need to try. It's so nice not to have to do an fba....
Dixielynn said... (10/31/05 11:46 AM) Reply
The top and color look great. It is nice to know there are patterns which take into consideration the cup size!
touran said... (10/31/05 10:22 AM) Reply
What a grand surprise to not have to do an FBA!! I'm impressed that you trusted her and the fit is wonderful.
Mini said... (10/31/05 10:17 AM) Reply
Your top looks so much better than the pattern photo! I wish she would show her designs on fuller figures as well as smaller sizes. I would not have guessed that pattern would fit so well from seeing it on the catalog models.
PVA said... (10/31/05 9:59 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review, Lorna. Your top looks wonderful! I think Peggy's sizing is very realistic, unlike the "Big 4" & many other pattern drafters. I have this pattern & have been very eager to try it, but was up to my eyebrows in pants-fitting "issues"! You spur me on!
Hilary said... (10/31/05 9:47 AM) Reply
This looks great on you Lorna!! It's good to know there are patterns out there that don't require the FBA :o)
diane s said... (10/31/05 9:42 AM) Reply
I had been thinking about this pattern, but wondered if the horizontal seam would 'highlight' the bust area....it doesn't seem too, your top is well fitting and flattering. I think the sizing is tricky too, I made 'Nancy's' blouse and had to size down twice when going by the finished garment measurements.
Kathy Russell said... (10/31/05 9:00 AM) Reply
I'm so glad you reviewed this top. It came out so nice. Make sure to review the pattern again when you sew up you new fabric.
Lorna C. Newman said... (10/31/05 8:26 AM) Reply
Shari Lynn, just take a deep breath and us the size that matches your fullbust and pick the front according to cup size. As I said, I am a genereous F?G cup and the D fit well without alterations to the front! GO for it ... if you are as nervous as I was, go and grab some cheap fabric from the clearance table/stash and make a "muslin" first.
Everyday Sewist said... (10/31/05 8:26 AM) Reply
The first thing I thought when I saw your picture, was, "wow, a great fit." Then I read your review, and I'm impressed that it didn't require an FBA! I will have to take a closer look at this pattern line.
Linda E. said... (10/31/05 8:04 AM) Reply
Great looking top it looks really good on you. Thanks for the review.
sherri2sew said... (10/31/05 8:04 AM) Reply
great fit!
Lori Sews said... (10/31/05 8:04 AM) Reply
Very pretty and flattering top. Beautiful color.
Shari Lynn said... (10/31/05 7:37 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I have one of her patterns, but I'm hesitant because I really don't know what size to make. I suppose I just go by my bust measurement, cross my fingers, and it will work.
ConnieBJ said... (10/31/05 7:32 AM) Reply
Hey great top Lorna- I remember your conversation with Peggy about this! *pout* my pattern is still in pristine condition....
Irene Q said... (10/31/05 7:01 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for the review. I've been looking at this top, and it looks so good on you! And no FBA - can't beat that!
Shellia said... (10/31/05 6:37 AM) Reply
This style looks great on you!
Mary Gillette said... (10/31/05 4:04 AM) Reply
Love your top, Lorna. Nice job!
Peggy L said... (10/31/05 1:56 AM) Reply
Thanks for a great review. Your top really looks nice - the style suits you.
sew obsessed said... (10/30/05 11:36 PM) Reply
Lorna, this top looks great on you. Thanks for the great review on Silhouette patterns. I have not yet tried one. It's nice to know that the FBA has already been addressed.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS