Pattern Reviews> Burda> 3216 (One Seam pant)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash - 2011 Contest
Reviewed by:JenSews2

About JenSews2star
CA United States
Member since: 2/21/04
Posted on:5/14/06 10:12 PM
Last Updated:1/31/12 9:01 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Mini said... (1/5/07 9:47 AM) Reply
I this is one of the greatest patterns of all time, and you are really getting good use out of it.
SewVeryTall said... (1/5/07 6:31 AM) Reply
It's deja vu, lol...I just made red satin PJs too, but haven't reviewed them yet. Don't ya just love slippery satin to sleep in? I feel like I'm bragging when I say yours are so pretty ;)
Celeste said... (1/4/07 11:19 PM) Reply
You can also cut these 2 sizes larger and use a slinky or drapey jersy and they are the bomb!!
MelissaB in WA said... (1/4/07 9:05 PM) Reply
Gotta love that Burda one seam pants pattern - what a shame they took it OOP. Enjoy your new pj's! :-)
mamaluman said... (10/21/06 1:45 AM) Reply
I think they look great and will have to try a pair for myself. You've convinced me that I might be able to handle this pattern.
CarolynGM said... (10/20/06 7:10 PM) Reply
They're all lovely, but I especially like the flannel backed satin pj pants. They look so comfortable.
dreamdesigner said... (10/20/06 10:33 AM) Reply
Yahoo has been driving me nuts in general!
JenSews2 said... (10/20/06 1:08 AM) Reply
I just fixed all the pics permissions. the new yahoo is driving me nuts! LOL
Elona said... (10/19/06 10:29 PM) Reply
They sound great, but when I tried to click on the links, only one pic came up. For the rest of them, I got this message: "Uh-oh. Something bad happened... We're really sorry, but something went wrong while handling your request. [listPhotos:1:78]"
dreamdesigner said... (10/19/06 6:49 PM) Reply
Jen, the only link that's working is the "Knit pj shorts"
JenSews2 said... (6/8/06 10:00 AM) Reply
jenny, i have to do a little "truing" to get the seams straight. there was some discussion of the "hiking" up inseam over on sewingworld with some tips. i tried to email msg you, but it is not going through. do you have private messsages turned off? check in the "patterns, fitting, alterations" thread under "louise cutting's one seam pants".
jenny56 said... (6/7/06 5:00 AM) Reply
I have been lurking this site for ages. You have inspired me to start sewing again. Thing is one member said about cutting 5in off the bottom for capri pants - I did BUT the inside seam is too short! Does anyone else have to fold more than 1 in up at the bottom where the side seam would be?
cerulean said... (5/26/06 11:07 AM) Reply
They look comfortable! They should be worth the wait!
wvsher said... (5/15/06 2:11 PM) Reply
I am going to have to try these. Thanks for the review!
JDpenelope said... (5/15/06 11:23 AM) Reply
Thanks for the reminder -- I've heard -- and you have confirmed -- that this is a good pattern for pj bottoms. Your pj set turned out so nice.
AnneM said... (5/15/06 7:54 AM) Reply
I haven't made these as shorts yet; I like the idea.
Peggy L said... (5/15/06 5:07 AM) Reply
Very cute pjs! This is a great pattern.
JenSews2 said... (5/15/06 0:15 AM) Reply
Sharon, I bought it from an eBay store called Kathys-Lace-and-Elastic-Outlet run by the seller fr8rain. She also has a yahoo group list with photos. She has tons of foldovers and elastics sold by the yard. Very nice with prompt shipping w/o extra fees. NAYY. I heard about her on Sewing World and have been very happy with everything I bought.
Sharon Smith said... (5/14/06 11:42 PM) Reply
Lovely. They look like very comfortable summer nights. Where do you get glitter foldover elastic please?
Levone said... (5/14/06 11:38 PM) Reply
Great looking pjs. I've had this pattern for while, but have never used it....I love the idea of using it for pajama bottoms.

by: lauramae