Pattern Reviews> Other> Hospital Gown (Susie's Hospital Gown)

Reviewed by:JenSews2

Last Updated:11/26/06 11:37 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 25 people
hoopster said... (7/20/09 0:32 AM) Reply
AWESOME! I just downloaded the pattern and printed it up and intend to make several for a young man who is a friend of my son's. He is going to surgery in a few days for a kidney transplant and I think would love these! Thanks! I am hoping it overlaps a bit in the back so a photo of the back would have been a bonus.
thiawulf said... (9/16/08 8:59 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for this review - I am now ready to tackle this pattern -several times over - for the local hospice house patients. THANK YOU !
L. L. said... (11/27/06 8:18 AM) Reply
I've made 5 gowns from this pattern for my aunt who is now under hospice care. I self-drafted an extension to lengthen the sleeves on the 6th one that I'll finish this morning because my aunt told me her arms get too cold. Like JenSews, my aunt doesn't need a heart monitor so I just added a little patch pocket for her Kleenex. I also used a variety of treatments like lace, piping, bias tape to finish the v-neck. She gets lots of compliments from medical staff and caregivers which helps put a smile on her face.
Peggy L said... (11/27/06 6:23 AM) Reply
Much nicer than the "standard issue"!! I'm sure your MIL will be very pleased.
patsijean said... (10/31/06 12:04 PM) Reply
There are some beautiful fabrics available for these gowns. What a nice thing to do for your Mother-in-law.
Mufffet said... (10/31/06 9:38 AM) Reply
Thank you for this review. This one is extremely helpful to know about. How nice for you to do this for your MIL. Bless both you and her for her sense of humor about matching the TV shows. As a MIL myself I know she is lucky to have you, as I am lucky in my DIL.
carolynw said... (10/31/06 8:55 AM) Reply
JenSews you are onyour way - have been followign your "thread" and I think this gown go far to solve all the problems that you were concerned about. I do hope you MIL's health will improve
Karla Kizer said... (10/31/06 7:01 AM) Reply
I had no idea this pattern was offered on the Lazy Girl site. Thank you! How nice to be able to offer your MIL alternatives to the usual depressing hospital gown prints.
Dale C said... (10/31/06 5:36 AM) Reply
What a thoughtful gift. And thanks for the link, the gown looks great. I will keep it in my files.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (10/30/06 10:39 PM) Reply
Thank's for reviewing this pattern. I downloaded the patterns but haven't made it yet. Regular hospital gowns aren't comfortable unless I wear one in the front and one on the back, but the plus size gowns are WAAAY too big. Your halloween gown will certainly make DMIL smile.
drsue said... (10/30/06 10:18 PM) Reply
What a terrific idea for people in need. Thanks for the link to the pattern.
BeckyC said... (10/30/06 9:46 PM) Reply
What a fun fabric for a hospital gown! You're MIL is very lucky to have you sew designer gowns for her!

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS