Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4980 (Misses Dress, Jacket)

Reviewed by:Vonnevo

About Vonnevostarstarstarstar
Australia
Member since: 10/25/04
Posted on:7/31/07 6:42 AM
Last Updated:7/31/07 9:09 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 58 people
4u2cme said... (6/26/11 1:45 PM) Reply
Great reviews and photos. I finally acquired this pattern on eBay. It is OOP but still looks to be a wonderful jacket for spring & summer.
Coastal Connie said... (9/9/09 11:52 PM) Reply
I loved to see the variations that you put together and you even showed pictures of how you had altered the pattern. Thanks so much! You did a great job on this jacket & I also love the pants!
slt said... (1/23/08 2:16 PM) Reply
I absolutely love each jacket. Wow, the detailing and fit look fab. Thanks!
QueenZ said... (9/2/07 7:31 AM) Reply
Gorgeous!
Athene said... (8/28/07 0:30 AM) Reply
Beautiful jackets. Congratulations!
WJean said... (8/23/07 2:15 PM) Reply
You did an outstanding job making these jacket. The detailed stitching as viewed is great. I really feel in love with the sage jacket. Congratulations on a job well-done.
LilD said... (8/19/07 5:47 PM) Reply
Quite impressive..The jackets all look different, and will be a great addition to the wardrobe.
NancyGT said... (8/19/07 10:40 AM) Reply
stunning. all three are fabulous and I commend you on the patience for the muslin, then the fitting to make sure that you had the fit you wanted. The extra thought about lines and length for the various fabrics really shows through in high quality garments. very inspirational
MelissaB in WA said... (8/6/07 9:45 PM) Reply
Oh Vonne, your jackets are just GORGEOUS!!! I'm sorry I missed your review the other day (you know the busy summer schedule). You look so classy and are going to get so much use out of your three gorgeous jackets - congrats on a job well done! :-)
Doleres said... (8/6/07 4:13 PM) Reply
3 great jackets, I like the black and white best.
AlexaNJ said... (8/5/07 1:47 PM) Reply
I love how all three jackets look so great! Wonderful review! Wear them proudly!!
cathy45 said... (8/5/07 12:01 PM) Reply
You re the jacket queen. You take such bland patterns & turn them into such fabulous fashion statements! You inspire us all.
Ann Rowley said... (8/5/07 7:05 AM) Reply
Lovely, lovely jackets. Glad you weren't side-tracked! I'm with you on the Vogue sizing as I am a 12/14 too and can never decide which would be the better size to buy..
ColleenS said... (8/5/07 5:25 AM) Reply
Great jackets, I like the blue one best.
Marilyn N. said... (8/4/07 8:47 PM) Reply
These really look wonderful & each version looks absolutely right for the pattern!
AmandaW said... (8/4/07 8:15 PM) Reply
Love all your jackets and your very informative review
LizzieJane said... (8/4/07 4:02 PM) Reply
Fabulous jackets.
wingri said... (8/4/07 5:09 AM) Reply
All 3 of your jackets are great, it is amazing how different fabrics give a completely different look.
kim*brown said... (8/2/07 7:13 PM) Reply
Love them all, great review!
Marji said... (8/2/07 10:30 AM) Reply
The jackets are fabulous! I also really appreciate reading about the process you go through making them. Great review. Love that each has it's own pant too!
Schnauzer said... (8/2/07 0:11 AM) Reply
Whoops! Looks like I missed a whole page of reviews! (Unlike me). Anyway I've caught up now and Vonne those jackets are FABULOUS!
Leora said... (8/1/07 4:16 PM) Reply
Great jackets, you are all set for fall now. Congrats!!
Birgitte said... (8/1/07 3:18 PM) Reply
Just beautiful!
Liana said... (8/1/07 2:32 PM) Reply
Great work, Vonnevo! You've really come up with some amazingly different looks from the same pattern. Quite the example for the rest of us!
ribbit2jen said... (8/1/07 12:30 PM) Reply
Fabulous...as usual!!!!!!!!!!!
Danvillegirl said... (8/1/07 7:02 AM) Reply
Great jackets! As always you are very inspiring.
hongkongshopper said... (8/1/07 6:59 AM) Reply
Vonne, fantastic! I keep meaning to join these contests but that would require commitment!! Well done on your three fab jackets - I think I like the black and white best.
ryan's mom said... (8/1/07 6:50 AM) Reply
Awesome, Yvonne!!! Those are beautiful jackets. You really should be the pattern cover model for this pattern!
Fran G said... (8/1/07 5:44 AM) Reply
I love everything you make! You need to announce your projects so we can have a sew-a-long! Love that pinning technique!
Sew4Fun said... (8/1/07 5:06 AM) Reply
Nice jackets. I'm particularly fond of the B&W version.
rivergum said... (8/1/07 1:11 AM) Reply
Awesome! You look very expensive !
LorelleD said... (8/1/07 0:47 AM) Reply
Great review. Thankyou. All your jackets look great, I especially like the black and white one.
jnamcd said... (7/31/07 11:21 PM) Reply
As always, you ROCK!! I especially love the black and white one! Great job, and superb review!!
snowflake girl said... (7/31/07 9:46 PM) Reply
Wow, what else can you say. they are all just stunning
farqs said... (7/31/07 9:27 PM) Reply
I love the Sage green outfit. Looks great with the jacket pattern and on you. $200 at Nordstroms!
Krissi said... (7/31/07 9:08 PM) Reply
I love those jackets, three out of one pattern and they all look smashing........ Krissi
PVA said... (7/31/07 8:29 PM) Reply
A great review! I love your results, as always!
Linda G said... (7/31/07 7:37 PM) Reply
As always you have done a beautiful job. The workmanship is impeccible. I reallylike how you played around with the stripes on the greenish jacket. I really like the rusching around the neck. I know what you mean about thinking ahead. I am in love with that cape also and the Burda patterns were up so early!!! Like others the pattern you picked would never have been something I would have picked now I WANT IT!!
Cheryl Reeves said... (7/31/07 5:51 PM) Reply
Beautiful jackets, and beautiful workmanship.
cmarie12 said... (7/31/07 5:16 PM) Reply
Wow! I have made this jacket already 2x and you have inspired me to go back and do something different! Your jackets are simply fantastic!
LiZ said... (7/31/07 4:21 PM) Reply
Vonne, all three jackets look fabulous, your review is great and I love the slideshow.
Tany said... (7/31/07 2:09 PM) Reply
Fabulous! Thanks for a VERY HELPFUL review!!
Erica B. said... (7/31/07 1:00 PM) Reply
Vonne, those jackets are incredible! Well... everything you make is incredible! I love them.
Peggy L said... (7/31/07 11:57 AM) Reply
They are all fabulous, as usual! Great job.
sewbehind said... (7/31/07 11:13 AM) Reply
All of the jackets are beautiful, Vonne. You do beautiful work.
Levone said... (7/31/07 10:53 AM) Reply
Love them all! Great looking pants as well.
nicegirl said... (7/31/07 10:39 AM) Reply
They are all great! The black and white is my favorite. And i love your sunglasses.
cindyann said... (7/31/07 10:36 AM) Reply
Wow, I wouldn't have given this pattern a second look either, but you have managed to make three incredible jackets (as usual). Fantastic. My personal fav is the black and white. Thanks for the tip on the SITD foot. You should put that in the tips sections.
Sherril Miller said... (7/31/07 10:33 AM) Reply
Great use of this pattern. I love each outfit, and it's the jacket that make them special.
TrixieD said... (7/31/07 10:18 AM) Reply
Remarkable! So striking and so well made.
CarolynGM said... (7/31/07 9:14 AM) Reply
I'm so impressed with your creativity with this pattern. I love all three.
Nancywin said... (7/31/07 9:13 AM) Reply
Wonderful again, Vonnevo. I still remember your jackets from last years multiple look contest and how inspiring it was to me to try and create different looks from the same pattern. Your work always looks very classy.
carolynw said... (7/31/07 9:02 AM) Reply
Would never ever have given this pattern a second look - you have made me realise it should be in the stash for sure. Wonderful jackets and flawless work as always!!
zetor said... (7/31/07 8:47 AM) Reply
All of those jackets look great.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (7/31/07 8:20 AM) Reply
Honestly this pattern would just fly out of the stores if this was the cover photo. Fabulous, really can't pick my favourite version, I love them all.
fuzzygalore said... (7/31/07 7:18 AM) Reply
Oh, so cool! Love your jackets, as always, but what I really lust for is the glasses :-)..
MissCelie said... (7/31/07 7:13 AM) Reply
Vonne. Seriously. When I pulled up the photo I said out loud, "Gol. Lee" How do you do it? Everything, and I mean everything, you make is beautiful and meticulous.
Nancy K said... (7/31/07 7:01 AM) Reply
great review and 3 great jackets.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2015-109