Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1583

Member since: 1/19/08
Posted on:5/31/08 1:51 PM
Last Updated:5/31/08 1:51 PM

Heatherrique said... (6/10/08 9:06 AM) Reply
Sizzling dress! I adore your choice of fabric and color combination! You look spectacular! You added a spicy new life to a classic!
shesflipped said... (6/9/08 8:26 AM) Reply
Simply stunning!
Primatoidefutile said... (6/8/08 4:31 AM) Reply
Dear all, Thanks very much for the comments, and my apologies for not replying earlier to them. Do not bother with the french text on the blog, it is a simplified version of what I wrote here. Thanks again, and I will write other reviews, but I have more patterns than sewing time...
jlucie said... (6/7/08 8:26 AM) Reply
This fabric is beautiful and a wonderful choice for the pattern. Love your interpretation!
lilyofthevalley said... (6/5/08 6:19 PM) Reply
Magda, Your dress is magnificent; your workmanship is superb. The fabric is gorgeous, and of course, strangers MUST comment on the sheer beauty of you wearing this dress. Thank you so much for sharing this artistic venture as your first review, and I look forward to seeing many more of your creations. Lovely, Lily
AnneM said... (6/4/08 5:24 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your dress, and all your 1st's with the dress. Love the use of the border for the neckline. You must be thrilled with the dress.
Stitchcakes said... (6/3/08 11:46 AM) Reply
Great combination of fabric and pattern! Very sweet style. This would look good with a belt, too, for a change.
Kellie R. said... (6/1/08 11:26 PM) Reply
The fabric works very well with this style. You did a great job and congratulations on your first vintage pattern!
Johanna Lu said... (6/1/08 5:08 AM) Reply
Such a clever way to use an African print. And I was totally fooled by the trompe-l'oeil effect, it looks like dress to me! Basically you got 4 options from one pattern. Very nice outift!
Em's Summer said... (5/31/08 10:54 PM) Reply
Cute dress and what a cute pose! It's looks like one they used on a lot of pattern envelopes! So FUN!!!
wvsher said... (5/31/08 9:56 PM) Reply
Your ensemble is so beautiful! I would never have thought to match the blouse and skirt fabric and wear the blouse on the outside. I love the look!
vespabelle said... (5/31/08 7:10 PM) Reply
Using the border print on this makes it a stunner!
Fine Fabrics said... (5/31/08 5:26 PM) Reply
I just love that silhouette. Wish I wear it as well as you!
SewLimited said... (5/31/08 4:08 PM) Reply
Nicely done!
Kbenco said... (5/31/08 3:40 PM) Reply
Your vintage outfit looks wonderful. I am not surprised that you have received compliments from strangers. All your hard work with fitting and pattern placement has given a terrific, show stopping result. I am off to find my French dictionary so that I can read more details on your blog. Thank you for this great review.
mendospot said... (5/31/08 3:08 PM) Reply
Wow!
MagpieJen said... (5/31/08 2:25 PM) Reply
Oops - double comment!
MagpieJen said... (5/31/08 2:25 PM) Reply
Fantastic! You did a phenomenal job with the fabric pattern - I had to keep switching back to your description from the photos to recall whether the blouse was out on top of the skirt or tucked in. The two pieces completely blend in. I love how you used the border print too. A striking outfit - your hard work on the fitting (thank you for including all those details!) has paid off!

BurdaStyle Magazine 05-2012-104

by: Kemish

by: trinicity

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

SewBaby Snappy Wrap Pattern