Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2759 (vintage blouse)

Reviewed by:Linda G

About Linda Gstar
Member since: 11/11/06
Posted on:5/31/08 9:18 PM

moushka said... (9/19/08 4:51 PM) Reply
I love your blouse, especially the wonderful fit you got around the back neck and through the shoulder area. Very classic looking, terrific pattern. Kudos for whipping that pattern into shape! What a great project! Thanks so much for the review.
treva e said... (6/9/08 8:54 PM) Reply
You did a great job bringing that top into a modern fit. I have photo's of my grandmother from that time, and they had those bullet bras, girdles and it was still important for them to be 10" smaller at the waist than the bust and hips. Remember when a man had to be able to touch his fingertips together around your waist.....I wasn't born then but i have some relatives who lived by that- and essentially there was no ease in their tops. so making that fit for now- you go girl.
lilyofthevalley said... (6/5/08 2:47 PM) Reply
Is it empowering when you beat a 'cantankerous' pattern into perfect submission? Linda, this vintage blouse is stunning, in every aspect. The delicate angles of the sweatheart neckline and front bodice tips, the beautifully fitted bust darts, and the small but sturdily carved sleeves all merge to create a little masterpiece. It is exquisite, and you look a Vision in it! Quite lovely, Lily
AnneM said... (6/4/08 5:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful top, great style. Good to know about the wasp waist; I woudn't have thought that for a 1949 pattern.
Re Becca said... (6/2/08 3:16 PM) Reply
This is so cute! Way to conquered the pattern, you can't let them win! I can't imagine that those waists actually fit either.
Kellie R. said... (6/1/08 11:49 PM) Reply
What a pretty blouse! The neckline is so feminine and you did a great job fitting.
Speech girl said... (6/1/08 1:41 PM) Reply
Your blouse is very pretty and looks great on you. It's a great pattern.
MagpieJen said... (6/1/08 1:09 PM) Reply
Women in the '40s would have almost all worn a girdle regardless of their size, and by the late '40s I bet their bras were getting more bullet-like, so some of the fitting issues come from changes in our underwear :-). But I think your perseverance has paid off - it looks so nice on you!
Patti B said... (6/1/08 11:19 AM) Reply
Linda, it's just lovely! Your alterations kept the vintage styling while fitting you. I'm so glad that you have this pattern now; it would have set in my file cabinet forever. This was from DH's aunt who was quite fit and slender in the 40/50s -- swam every day in Long Island Sound, walked to the stores, etc.
Heatherrique said... (6/1/08 9:37 AM) Reply
Superb looking top, Linda! Timeless, yet so current. This reminds me of a Rampage top! You are stylin'!
sweetviolets said... (6/1/08 1:13 AM) Reply
I love this! My Mother made this pattern in several colors and variations in the early 50's. It is such an elegant design.
linda 75142 said... (5/31/08 11:44 PM) Reply
very nice. I like it very much. Glad you got it to work for you. I love vintage patterns. If you want to sell this one, I'd love a chance at it!
Em's Summer said... (5/31/08 10:50 PM) Reply
This is just too cute! I love the sweetheart neckline! Just love it!