Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2008-115 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:Gelbean

About Gelbeanstarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 2/17/08
Posted on:6/13/08 4:21 AM
Last Updated:6/22/08 7:06 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
6grandkids said... (8/30/08 1:08 AM) Reply
Great job, very well done.
nancyjobar said... (7/16/08 7:04 PM) Reply
I love this shirt, I think you did a fantastic job. How did you get the pattern I went to Burda's site and can't see that pattern. Please contact me on this.
barbcl said... (7/16/08 12:31 PM) Reply
I'm going to try it in voile. Beautiful!
Marji said... (7/12/08 10:21 AM) Reply
Another one here who thinks that the Shape-Advisor is only a "guideline" to be taken with a grain of salt. I think this is very flattering on you and looks cool and breezy in the cotton gauze. I love how the grainline of the gauze accents the flounces. You did a great job, and should wear this proudly.
AnneM said... (7/11/08 8:28 PM) Reply
Great top. It is a really cute style on you.
Athene said... (7/10/08 7:11 PM) Reply
Well done, a very pretty blouse. I think you look good in the flounces.
Sew4Fun said... (7/10/08 6:46 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! Well done on conquering both an invisible zipper and and FBA! Keep on sewing!
Squeezylemon said... (7/8/08 5:20 PM) Reply
You are EXACTLY the same shape as me Gelbean, so I think after seeing your wonderful blouse I'll ignore the "experts" and make this! Thanks for a great review.
CarolynGM said... (7/8/08 9:07 AM) Reply
Great save on the flounces. You'd never guess a mishap ever occurred. You did a really nice job on this blouse.
MissCelie said... (7/8/08 7:24 AM) Reply
Wonderful blouse! I've got this one on my list too. You did an awesome job.
rebija said... (6/30/08 10:57 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
Annette1 said... (6/23/08 7:55 PM) Reply
Very pretty, and, on the contrary, I think it looks lovely on you. Trinny and Susannah aren't always right, after all. :o)
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/23/08 1:26 PM) Reply
Fabulous summer blouse - I love it made up in white and I love it even more in the gauze! Thanks for the shape advisor link.
patrica said... (6/23/08 8:19 AM) Reply
Lovely job, flounces are very flattering. I also used El's tutorial for invisible zipper, its the very best.
cindy-lou said... (6/22/08 9:35 PM) Reply
Wow, I really love that! Gotta give that pattern a second look. You have been making some great things!!
kim*brown said... (6/16/08 9:47 AM) Reply
Adorable!
donna mel said... (6/15/08 6:06 PM) Reply
i got a bg kick out of the shape advisor...thanks for the link! i watched the brittish' what not to wear' years ago, and learned alot from trinny and suzanna about what doesn't work on my (pear shaped) body. it saves alot of headache to just go with what works. in any event, i think your top came out great!
Alexruthe said... (6/15/08 12:47 PM) Reply
Very cute!
Margie T said... (6/15/08 6:18 AM) Reply
A very pretty blouse. Congratulations!
Dei said... (6/14/08 10:18 PM) Reply
I like the flounce, despite what the Shape Adviser says. It suits you and it's an adorable top.
jhansby said... (6/14/08 2:06 PM) Reply
very cute!! Well done!
AnneMarie60 said... (6/14/08 12:29 PM) Reply
I think your blouse looks terrific! Don't ever abide by anyone's silly fashion rules. I think you look great wearing this cute top!
Danvillegirl said... (6/14/08 9:51 AM) Reply
Pretty blouse. You did a great job!
Lisa Laree said... (6/14/08 9:35 AM) Reply
It really does work on you! Nice fabric choice...it's very airy and light looking. Cute!
Sigrid. said... (6/14/08 7:19 AM) Reply
It IS very nice on you. I totally didn't see this blouse in the magazine. It has nice details. yours is much better than the magazine version.
Nancy Rhodes said... (6/13/08 8:35 PM) Reply
Your blouse looks wonderful! the layers of flounce are not 'heavy' -- they create movement which is a GREAT coverup strategy for all problem areas. Keep the eye moving and the eye doesn't 'see'. Beautiful blouse...
2BSewing said... (6/13/08 7:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love your blouse. You did a great job with the adjustments and your first FBA. Wonderful!
Heatherrique said... (6/13/08 7:23 PM) Reply
Sharp and gorgeous top!
VtMartha said... (6/13/08 6:52 PM) Reply
This looks wonderful on you!
Mahler said... (6/13/08 3:01 PM) Reply
ohhhh ! I love your top, it simple, feminine and so, so pretty
shesflipped said... (6/13/08 1:39 PM) Reply
I think this is a great top that looks WONDERFUL on you! The top has great style with the ties & flounces~wear it proudly! :)
strasfamily said... (6/13/08 12:19 PM) Reply
Very nice! This blouse is very pretty on you and looks flattering! I would definitely wear it without hesitation.
michellep74 said... (6/13/08 11:45 AM) Reply
I don't know what Shape Advisor is thinking, but I don't think that blouse is unflattering on you at all--it looks very flattering in the photo. Your blouse really turned out great--I know how much work you put into it, and I think it really paid off.
LindsayT said... (6/13/08 11:45 AM) Reply
Been there, done that too with the serger. I love this blouse. Perfect for summer.
Lanna said... (6/13/08 11:02 AM) Reply
I think that looks great on you. those shape advisors dont know everything. Sometimes a hot outfit wins out over rules! good job. I love it.
wvsher said... (6/13/08 10:43 AM) Reply
Nice recovery, and a beautiful finished blouse!
EveS said... (6/13/08 9:44 AM) Reply
Ugh, I think I know that mishap all too well. :( Anyway, great recovery! Love your blouse...very breezy and light (and yes, flattering). I might have to add this one to the list, too. *sigh*
ladybirdlove said... (6/13/08 9:14 AM) Reply
I love your blouse, and thanks for that super website link!!!!
Speech girl said... (6/13/08 8:30 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse, and I think the flounces look fine on you.
Vonnevo said... (6/13/08 8:13 AM) Reply
Beautiful !!!!
Karen6790 said... (6/13/08 8:12 AM) Reply
Ah, machine "mishaps". Sometimes projects come out for the better for all the sweating and swearing we have to do to save them - this appears to be one of those projects. Nice job, and I think the floucnes look fine on you.
Kim12469 said... (6/13/08 7:25 AM) Reply
It looks great!
Lori V said... (6/13/08 7:13 AM) Reply
I like the flounces on you, great job and I have been wanting to sew this BWOF pattern. I will have to make this one now, the blouse looks wonderful, great job.
Sic said... (6/13/08 7:06 AM) Reply
Super cute - I think the flounces look nice on you!
merteuil said... (6/13/08 5:48 AM) Reply
Such a pretty blouse! And those flounces are lovely.

ADVANCED SLEEVE - A CD Book by Kenneth King