Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6808 (Misses Easy Tops)

Reviewed by:misscoleen

Available for sale on PR: $4.04 $4.49 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $4.04 $4.49 Pattern Details

Sweater knit fabrics

said... (7/24/08 4:24 PM) Reply
Great information! I just bought this pattern.
Click here if you wish to edit your comment
Dilly Deli said... (7/16/08 5:52 PM) Reply
I think Misscoleen did a great job! She has learned so much with such little experience. I think she is going to be a great sewer!
taylormade said... (7/16/08 7:45 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review. It was very helpful to read about all your "learning experiences", even for someone like me who has been sewing for 50 years! Congratulations on your achievements! Sewing is like therapy; the only cost is your time and the fabric!! Keep up the good work Taylormade
taylormade said... (7/16/08 7:45 AM) Reply
fuzzygalore said... (7/15/08 2:17 PM) Reply
Cute blouse! But your loose pants are probably not too big, I bet they're too stiff instead. The looser the style the drapier the fabric is a good rule of thumb.
AngieC said... (7/15/08 12:18 PM) Reply
I love you top! Your review is honest and will be helpful to others. Congrats on winning the contest!
Rhoda K said... (7/15/08 11:32 AM) Reply
Great job and review! Good luck on your future projects and congrats on winning the contest!!
Doris W. in TN said... (7/15/08 11:28 AM) Reply
Congratulations on winning first place in the contest! Your top looks wonderful; you did a great job on it.
Jatman said... (7/15/08 10:45 AM) Reply
Your review inspired me to buy this pattern. Congratulations on winning the contest!
mClones said... (7/13/08 9:56 PM) Reply
Hey, Colleen, great top! Congrats on your success...Mina
Fictionfan said... (7/7/08 8:45 PM) Reply
Great job on this top! Doing a FBA and a difficult collar application for a beginner is really an accomplishment. You may want to point out to DH that no RTW top will fit this well! It's worth the slow sewing just for that great fit, and the top looks wonderful on you. None of the errors or difficulties are evident on the finished garment (except to you).
AnneM said... (7/5/08 11:11 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your top! It looks great. (I still tend to read more than sew.) That's a great style, and I just love the neckline.
frame said... (7/3/08 10:37 PM) Reply
This looks really nice on you.
Athene said... (7/2/08 11:44 PM) Reply
A very attractive and well fitted top. You look great in it.
Sew4Fun said... (7/2/08 7:46 AM) Reply
Fabulous top! I love your fabric choice and the brooch. Nice touch! It really makes the blouse. I'm also impressed with the finishing and how nicely your blouse fits. Super job all round!
rebija said... (6/30/08 12:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful color and fit! Congratulations. Isn't sewing sooo much fun?!!!
shesflipped said... (6/29/08 8:24 AM) Reply
This top looks fabulous on you! Loved your review and your sharing about being a new sewer. I can totally relate! I'm really looking forward to sewing what you create next!
Annette1 said... (6/29/08 1:23 AM) Reply
Your meticulous work has really paid off, as you have a BEAUTIFULLY fitted top. Take pride in wearing it! You look GREAT in it. :o)
strasfamily said... (6/28/08 11:50 PM) Reply
Your top looks great! I am impressed at all the things you have learned while making this top. Great review.
Bridget B. said... (6/28/08 4:29 PM) Reply
Your top looks great! I am a beginner like you. Your review was very encouraging!
Bridget B. said... (6/28/08 4:29 PM) Reply
misscoleen said... (6/28/08 11:47 AM) Reply
Thank you. The brooch is actually a clip on earring :)
kellymailinglist said... (6/28/08 10:04 AM) Reply
Wow, fabulous job! I love the brooch, BTW. Thanks so much for your thoroughly documented review!
SheilaAnn said... (6/27/08 9:25 PM) Reply
I love the top and your enthusiam is contagious!
Catbird said... (6/27/08 7:51 PM) Reply
Excellent work! The fit is beautiful and it looks so good on you. Congratulations!
Mufffet said... (6/27/08 5:17 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse - your fit is SO good! You are a natural! The color, style and fabric suit you. By the way, the background scenery is just lovely! I thought "Is that Vermont?!" But New York is lovely too!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (6/27/08 4:27 PM) Reply
"I do more reading then sewing..." ME, too!! You're an inspiration to me!! WONDERFUL vintage blouse!!
born2bead said... (6/27/08 3:52 PM) Reply
Adorable! Great job for a beginner too!
cindyann said... (6/27/08 11:20 AM) Reply
Lovely top!
RobinMCPA said... (6/27/08 9:57 AM) Reply
Great work!! I wouldn't have guessed you were a beginner either, like someone else already said. I was in the "doing more reading than sewing" phase until about four months ago, when I discovered knit fabrics and the fact that they really require no fitting adjustments! I'm in love with the fact that everything fits perfectly "out of the box", so I'm still in knit fabric mania mode. Look forward to more of your reviews!
Karen8320 said... (6/27/08 7:48 AM) Reply
Congratulations, misscoleen, on your first review and your foray into sewing. You've done a fabulous job with this top and the modifications you've made to the pattern have made it fit you so well. Great work! Your review is very comprehensive and will no doubt help many others of us. You look fabulous in your top and I encourage you to keep sewing.
Danvillegirl said... (6/27/08 5:27 AM) Reply
Very nice looking blouse. Good review and keep on reviewing.
tashainflorence said... (6/27/08 3:51 AM) Reply
Really nice work, congratulations!
Gelbean said... (6/26/08 6:40 PM) Reply
Your top is beautiful and it looks perfect on you. You did a fantastic job.
ConnieinAustin said... (6/26/08 5:42 PM) Reply
So cute! I bought this pattern a while back, but couldn't decide what fabric to use. Seeing yours made up has helped me decide...it will be perfect for my daughter in some vintage gingham my mom gave me recently (acid green and white check with tiny orange peaches embroidered on it). Congratulations on your project and keep up the good work!
scrappycat said... (6/26/08 4:03 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love this top. I can't believe you are a beginner and making alterations. I am not brave enough yet!
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/26/08 3:22 PM) Reply
You did an excellent job on constructing your top - it looks fabulous on!
Vonnevo said... (6/26/08 3:17 PM) Reply
Oh, this top is beautiful and stylish !!! Thank you for writing a comprehensive review of this pattern that I have my eye on. Your perseverence and dedication to learning, has rewarded you and help many others. I am looking forward to seeing more great results.
carolynw said... (6/26/08 2:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful work - your top is lovely and looks terrific on you
kjcaron said... (6/26/08 1:08 PM) Reply
Your top came out wonderful! It looks so nice on you. Your patience and perseverance paid off and was very motivation for me, another beginner. Enjoy your pretty new top!
Heatherrique said... (6/26/08 12:54 PM) Reply
Very attractive top! Your top will help sell more of this pattern!
rozzybabe said... (6/26/08 12:49 PM) Reply
We all started somewhere, & it seems you've done well & learned in the process! Can't beat that! Nancy's pivot & slide for altering is my "bible"; I'd not do it any other way. Congratulations all round.
michellep74 said... (6/26/08 12:37 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top! It looks great on you! I have this pattern and hope to make it up, too, at some point this summer.
AnneMarie60 said... (6/26/08 12:36 PM) Reply
Better quality, for sure! (regarding your comment to your DH) This top looks great and fits so well. I just bought Nancy's Fitting Finesse book after someone mentioned the pivot-and-slide method in another review. Congrats on a job well done and good luck with the contest!
misscoleen said... (6/26/08 12:10 PM) Reply
Thanks for the nice comments - when I say painfully slow I am not exaggerating in the least. My husband thinks I'm crazy spending so much time on a garment that i could buy cheaper and at this stage of my sewing - better quality Ha! He is very supportive though :)
Pinkytoo said... (6/26/08 12:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful job, I saw the picture and would've never guessed you are a "beginner" until I read the review! Thanks so much, I've been looking at this pattern and wondering what it looks like in real life - I think the answer is GREAT. :-)
tatterbat said... (6/26/08 11:12 AM) Reply
Very cute top, and it looks great on you. I am a big fan of Nancy's pivot and slide method, too. I like reading about your journey with this project. Way to go!

Pauline Alice Ninot jacket