Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7340

Posted on:9/6/03 11:22 AM
Last Updated:7/30/04 4:35 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
bonnie said... (8/2/04 5:52 AM) Reply
teri-thanks for fixing your link. your outfit looks great, and your album was full of terrific items -your workmanship is excellent...
Teri said... (8/1/04 2:19 PM) Reply
Bonnie, I fixed the link to the project photo. It should work now:)
bonnie said... (8/1/04 7:02 AM) Reply
Teri-I am unable to open your project photo, but did view the one with the dolphins. beautiful job and great fabric..any suggestions on how to view your latest?
mudcat said... (7/31/04 10:52 AM) Reply
Nice top. I like the lime touch. I have several of the Androsia batiks (both rayon and cotton) in my stash from a trip to the Bahamas about seven years ago. They're nice to use because they're so different from the multi-colored bali batiks.
pharmercoon said... (7/30/04 10:17 PM) Reply
I love it! You are a walking souvenir!
Meguiar said... (7/30/04 6:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt! I really like the green contrast against the blue.
alicia said... (7/30/04 6:09 PM) Reply
The new shirt is stunning! love the fabric - beautiful work.
Leslie in Austin said... (7/30/04 4:48 PM) Reply
Cute! I especially like the way the dolphins all cluster around the tie.
Sew it seams said... (9/8/03 11:09 AM) Reply
Thanks Teri. Great tip on the full upper arm adjustment also. I'm eager to find out how you like the long sleeve version and the fit of the sleeve after adjustment. My 44 yo upper arms probably need an adjustment too! (don't you wish we could "pin and tuck" our own skin?? :)
Teri said... (9/7/03 12:50 PM) Reply
Thanks ladies for your nice comments. Tee Jay, I wondered who the other Teri was. I had the same problem with RTW wrap tops, so this one was a nice suprise when it fit. Debe, the top is pretty generous in the front and the wrap lets you tighten or loosen as needed. I think that you would be ok without an adjustment. To test my theory, I have a firm woven on the cutting table right now. I will let you know. Debbie, I am going to try a long sleeve version for fall. Just so you know, the sleeve is narrow and I will have to do an adjustment for a full upper arm.
Debbie Spriggs said... (9/7/03 12:30 PM) Reply
Great top! I'm going to be looking for this pattern the next time Vogue goes on sale. I love the length of this wrap compared to the shorter ones. I could see this as a great fall top with the sleeves from the other views, too.
Sharon M said... (9/7/03 10:56 AM) Reply
Teri, this is beautiful on you! Very flattering and slimming. I love the slight curved line at the hem. Have fun in the tropics!
Sew it seams said... (9/7/03 9:10 AM) Reply
This outfit is just beautiful Teri. Your body type looks similar to mine and I always have to adjust for a full bust. This top looks like a perfect fit on you. Do you think it would still not need a bust adjustment in a tighter woven fabric? (I would like to try this whole outfit for myself). Thanks for the review.
Pam Z said... (9/6/03 7:07 PM) Reply
Very flattering ouftit Teri! I hope you get a chance to wear it soon.
cindyann said... (9/6/03 4:50 PM) Reply
That is just beautiful. Very nice outfit!!
Irene said... (9/6/03 2:13 PM) Reply
The top is very flattering on you, Teri! Thanks for the hints on managing the fabric. It looks like this pattern offers a nice choice of related but rather different wrap tops.
Tee Jay said... (9/6/03 11:43 AM) Reply
Teri, your outfit is gorgeous. I agree with WNTW, in that you look great in a wrap top, whatever the reason. I love wrap tops, but have never found a RTW that fits, since I am short, 5' 1" and short-waisted to boot. Iam glad this pattern has sleeved version, too. BTW, I used to be Teri on this board, then all of a sudden it said that name was "taken", I never could figure that out, so if you see older comments by Teri and it wasn't you--it was me!

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

by: catintheha...