Burda 7018 - Denim Jacket.">Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3156 (Misses Pants & Tops)

Reviewed by:noddy

Posted on:3/30/09 9:36 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Pants
sewsue said... (4/9/09 4:39 PM) Reply
These are fantastic tops! I love your vest! and the overlay top looks so RTW. Great job on all of them.
SavannahSue said... (4/1/09 7:30 PM) Reply
For a new sewer (or anyone for that matter!) you pushed the limits of a basic pattern. As your skills increase this sense of adventure will make sewing fun - which really isn't what we all strive for! Great job! Fun review, too.
morzel said... (4/1/09 3:42 PM) Reply
Wow, what a source for inspiration! You really got creative on this one!! Great job.
cindy-lou said... (4/1/09 9:14 AM) Reply
Wow, Noddy! Beautiful, inspired ideas for this pattern. You totally pulled *everything* possible out of this one! I especially like the overlay version and the tunic with ties at the neck. And like others have said, you *definitely* got a ton of experience with this one too-- tie-necks, patch pockets, overlays and sheer fabrics, seperating zips... MY! Oh... and *LOVE* your composite-- I wish I knew how to do that. My 4-quadrant one was tricky enough for me. ;)
CSM--Carla said... (3/31/09 5:53 PM) Reply
WOW!!! Impressive! Thanks for sharing! I wouldn't have looked a this pattern except for your review. Especially like the vest and cardigan you went ahead and created!!! You have a great future ahead of you in designing and sewing! Best Wishes. Carla
ajax said... (3/31/09 7:12 AM) Reply
You've done a great job creating different looks with the same pattern. As a beginner you've certainly stretched yourself with good results. I think you're a natural!
noddy said... (3/31/09 2:32 AM) Reply
Thank you all for your comments - it's very encouraging! I'm impatient to get past learning the basics so I can PLAY.
Irene said... (3/31/09 1:49 AM) Reply
What a great variety of garments, in a helpful review! Someone recently gave me this pattern, and I'm excited to try it out.
DiosaSpiralis said... (3/31/09 1:48 AM) Reply
How inspiring! You may be a beginner in terms of length of time you've been sewing, but I would call you anything but! It's rare to see someone so new to sewing challenge themselves as you have here. You go girl!
Tonyasrb said... (3/30/09 11:11 PM) Reply
Wow! You were very ambitious. You made a lot of unique looks out of a single pattern. Great Work!
Heatherrique said... (3/30/09 5:34 PM) Reply
Very impressive wardrobe! Wow!
glenj said... (3/30/09 5:27 PM) Reply
you did a great job.You tackled a lot of things that maybe other sewers would be a bit nervous to attempt. Keep at it,so many variations can be made from basic top and skirt patterns.I can only imagine what you could do with more experience.NO fear.. you go girl.
wendlesue said... (3/30/09 2:27 PM) Reply
Well done! You have so many VERY different looks from one very simple pattern. Your creativity is outstanding! My favorite is the t-shirt with the overlay.
katlew03 said... (3/30/09 10:15 AM) Reply
You did a great job of creating different looks from your pattern while gaining valuable experience. I look forward to seeing what you create in the future.

by: wildberrym...