Pattern Reviews> Birch Street Clothing> CAFTAN (Caftan)

Reviewed by:HatBuddy

Posted on:8/27/09 3:18 PM
Last Updated:9/8/09 12:45 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

HatBuddy said... (9/8/09 12:41 PM) Reply
Thanks for your praise and encouragement everyone! AnneM Yes it is the most comfortable item of clothing I own. It is more comfy then my pajama tops! :) It was chilly yesterday so I put a flip up collar 3/4 sleeve dress shirt under it that is almost the exact shade of the blue flowers. Not only did it keep me warm but it looked absolutely fabulous. When I made it I didn't think about layering it with other shirts; but it works!
AnneM said... (9/7/09 7:26 PM) Reply
Tailoring tape is a more 'couture' finish than a serger, so don't hesitate to continue using it! Great job, congratulations. Wonderful pictures of your garment progress also; very information. Is the top as comfortable as it looks? (I like the shorter length; nice idea.)
CarolynGM said... (9/6/09 7:47 AM) Reply
It made a lovely top. Great job on your construction details.
sherri2sew said... (9/5/09 10:54 PM) Reply
good job
Frogstitcher said... (9/5/09 10:35 AM) Reply
Wow, great job. You should be proud of all your work ensuring that the one way design of your fabric falls the right way. I think this project will inspire many more projects from you.
rebija said... (8/31/09 12:25 PM) Reply
Great job!
Annette1 said... (8/29/09 1:47 PM) Reply
You did a great job on this, Hatbuddy! I LOVE your fabric, and I especially like the button/loop closure. Nice job on including lots of pictures, too. I noticed you entered this and another item in the Beginner's Contest. I'm going to send you a personal message about that, okay? :o) I'll do it "RAT NOW."
said... (8/27/09 5:33 PM) Reply
Hi Crystal Woods... I am working on getting up a photo of the finished garment. Just a liitle bit more work to do. I found the tapes at: http://www.uniquetechniques.com/shopnotions/shopnotions.html
Click here if you wish to edit your comment
HatBuddy said... (8/27/09 5:25 PM) Reply

crystalwoods said... (8/27/09 2:44 PM) Reply
Thanks for a helpful review, I love the look of your fabric, and would enjoy seeing a photo of the finished project. I have looked at this pattern before and it would be great to see one made up. I am intrigued about the Japanese fusbile tape - where to you buy it? It sounds like it would be very useful!

BurdaStyle Magazine 05-2012-105

by: grays08

Other 1302

by: MadeByMeg

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Pamela's Patterns Softly Pleated Dress Pattern