Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5936 (1960's suit)

Reviewed by:mimi g.

About mimi g.starstarstarstar
Member since: 7/31/07
Posted on:10/20/09 1:43 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
twilihard95 said... (1/21/13 3:57 PM) Reply
My name is Masera Ahmed and I am currently a senior taking Fashion in high school. I am part of the FCCLA-Fashion. Every year FCCLA has a fashion competition where students have to design, sew, and model something they made. This year I would like to make the mccalls pattern 5936, but it is out of print. I checked amazon, ebay, and called McCalls. I know this is a lot to ask, but would you be willing to send me you copy of the pattern with directions? I would really appreciate it and send the pattern right back to you, once I made the garment. Thank you for taking the time to read this! Masera
Bonnie123 said... (10/23/09 4:58 PM) Reply
I do not know what you are looking at.... LOL You did a fantastic job and it looks great on you! :-) Nice jacket. This looks like it came out of Neiman Marcus.
room2ndfloor said... (10/22/09 1:12 PM) Reply
Are you used to wearing jackets with more ease? Two years into this fashion for wearing cropped jackets over longer tops, and I still can't get used to seeing the tops hanging out at the waistline. Give it a chance over a fitted dress, that way there will be fewer horizontal lines at your waist.
nicegirl said... (10/21/09 4:13 PM) Reply
I love it! I agree that you might come to enjoy this piece more with time. Otherwise, PM me for my address. I'll pay postage. Heh.
Woolygal said... (10/21/09 7:48 AM) Reply
You did a great job on this and it looks good on you, What's not to like?
ladylola said... (10/21/09 6:54 AM) Reply
It's a lovely jacket. Maybe you're just fed up with it because you spent so much time on it. I'm sure you'll get to like it and wear it eventually.
Elke said... (10/20/09 11:13 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket and it looks fabulous on you! I agree with others who said put it away for now and revisit soon.
digs57 said... (10/20/09 8:22 PM) Reply
You made a beautiful jacket, be proud of it. Now, put it together with a pair of black slacks and a turtleneck of your favourite colour, and you'll rock.
Catbird said... (10/20/09 8:03 PM) Reply
I think it's fabulous and I hope you come to like it more with time!
RLL said... (10/20/09 5:09 PM) Reply
Fabulous workmanship and great style. I vote with the others for you to put it away and revisit in the near future.
Raye Ann said... (10/20/09 4:46 PM) Reply
it does have great style- try it again with a fitted dress or a pencil skirt.
Trephas2003 said... (10/20/09 3:49 PM) Reply
It looks great!
Nancy K said... (10/20/09 2:25 PM) Reply
It really looks great on you, so yeah put it away for a bit and try it on again.
Aixoise said... (10/20/09 2:17 PM) Reply
You did such a nice job; your workmanship shows. Put it away for a day; then try it on with a nice shell and a slick pencil skirt or slim trousers and see how you like it. It's a good-looking jacket.

by: Willowwear...