Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1091 (Wong Singh Jones Marrakesh Pan)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash - 2011 Contest

Posted on:3/31/10 11:17 PM
Last Updated:2/28/11 11:14 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 37 people
Dale C said... (3/1/11 12:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful fit! I'm tempted to order this pattern as I'm in need of more soft linen clothes again. Those would be the perfect thing.
gemma said... (2/13/11 1:39 PM) Reply
Thank you very much for the detailed corrections and tips, I have this pattern and I hope I can get the pants to look as good as yours when I make them
Christas said... (2/12/11 9:20 PM) Reply
Excellent review! Your pants fit you perfectly and look very nice!
OP Gal said... (6/30/10 4:13 PM) Reply
Thanks for the thorough review. The back fits beautifully. No smiles, no bags or sags. I'm still aiming for this. Of course your tush is a little higher and rounder than mine. : ) Great job.
cmelook said... (5/31/10 3:49 PM) Reply
Wow we have the same msrmnts! I made this pants in a med-heavy wt linen. I thought the instructions unusual but they worked. I used Burda and PMB so I was ok with that. The crotch thing was a little weird. I was not sure I was following the right line. Anyway I resewed it and chopped off the peak. But I love how these pants move with me. I always feel like I"m walking down a runway. I'm ordering 3 other HP patterns today because they are on sale.
LaurieEm said... (4/25/10 12:36 PM) Reply
Attractive pants and great review. Thanks for all the tips!
Lou05 said... (4/23/10 11:04 PM) Reply
Great comments that are very helpful. You did a great job and they look very nice on you.
Pam C said... (4/8/10 10:43 AM) Reply
Much appreciation for the very detailed review. You have made me want to try this pattern. Thanks.
fattyboomboom said... (4/3/10 7:10 AM) Reply
Your pants look fantastic! Thanks for the warning about the crotch seam.
Kristin said... (4/2/10 4:00 PM) Reply
FINALLY an honest review of this pattern! I have made it three times and was amazed at how bizarre the crotch seam was. I redrew it after the first pair. And, yes, you do want to keep yanking the pants up to fit them better. WORST pattern instructions in my almost 40 years of sewing. But the result, with some work, makes these pants worthwhile. Thank you!
Rebecca D said... (4/2/10 6:30 AM) Reply
What an amazing fit, the pants look fantastic on you.
gemma said... (4/1/10 6:50 PM) Reply
I've just got this pattern so thank you for the detailed tips and illustrations re the points about the crotch. I think your trousers look great, casually elegant.
vivianna said... (4/1/10 3:22 PM) Reply
They look wonderful. Thanks for the detailed review.
pterion said... (4/1/10 1:15 PM) Reply
Great looking pants (love that blue linen) and a really helpful review!
loti said... (4/1/10 12:48 PM) Reply
I believe the links have been repaired now, if there are still issues let me know.
jent said... (4/1/10 12:48 PM) Reply
Very helpful review - thank you!
sewme47 said... (4/1/10 12:39 PM) Reply
Your flickr pages are not allowing some of us to view them.
Heatherrique said... (4/1/10 12:12 PM) Reply
Cool looking pants! Thank you for a very helpful review!
Elona said... (4/1/10 11:36 AM) Reply
Thanks for making the project image clickable! Congratulations on that gorgeous fit. You're a walking advertisement for this pattern.
KHinson said... (4/1/10 9:30 AM) Reply
I want to try this pattern. I definitely will sew a muslin. Thank you.
no7262 said... (4/1/10 9:27 AM) Reply
Even with the trouble with the crotch, you got a great fit! They look really good on you! Thanks for fixing the link! Nora :)
no7262 said... (4/1/10 8:10 AM) Reply
I clicked on your picture but was not aloud to see it even though I have a yahoo account. Can you make it so we all can see it? Nora :)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Liberated Reading Pillow