Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6069 (Double Cowl Dress)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest

Last Updated:6/13/13 9:16 AM
Mary.P said... (7/17/13 6:30 PM) Reply
Nice dress
KensingtonCrab said... (6/13/13 4:25 PM) Reply
Very nice and flattering!
frame said... (6/13/13 12:22 PM) Reply
Great little dress and if you wear a colorful belt with it (really, it can be any color almost), you will have the best of both worlds.
marec said... (6/13/13 11:05 AM) Reply
This is a super rendition of this TNT pattern. I like the geometric prints you have used for this dress.
Sew Whatever said... (6/13/13 11:03 AM) Reply
Good tips about the extra fabric to keep the cowl facing in. It looks good on you!
sunnysewer said... (6/13/13 10:30 AM) Reply
what a great idea to indulge in some silk jersey and a fantastic dress, I bet it would be great for travel
RadarRadiance said... (6/13/13 10:24 AM) Reply
Love, love, love the black and white dot, it is my favorite! Looks fantastic on and enjoyed your review.
BeeBeeSew said... (7/14/11 11:00 AM) Reply
Do you know how much, total, you took out of the back? I looked at your flickr photo & see that you did it in 3 pleats - great idea. I like how yours turned out - the pattern's a bit low for me. And I will probably but tape in the shoulder for my straps. I love your fabric - what a unique usage of a border print - make me rethink the whole border print idea on a dress.
Heatherrique said... (9/18/10 10:03 AM) Reply
I adore your version, especially with the modified back! Very nice use of fabric design.
JEF said... (9/15/10 7:07 PM) Reply
Super!
Ciclista said... (9/15/10 9:56 AM) Reply
Fabulous use of the border print - sew pretty!!
MNBarb said... (9/15/10 7:20 AM) Reply
I always look forward to your reveiws. This dress looks great on you. Perfect color and fabric and the style fits you well.
twinkle72 said... (9/15/10 6:06 AM) Reply
Your idea about the coins as weights is a neat one. Will they be OK when you go to wash the dress? Or will you have to slide them out? Just curious, in case I want to use your idea on a future project.
Erin D said... (9/15/10 0:22 AM) Reply
Your fabric choice is great-it really compliments you. I love cowl necks too.
imsewcrazy said... (9/14/10 7:18 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress. Love the border print details! I agree, the back is to low for work and I was trying to figure out how to raise it, I never thought to reduce the width. Great job! You look really great in it!
Lucy in Virginia said... (9/14/10 5:56 PM) Reply
Very nice dress; looks great on you! I like how you worked you borders into the top and bottom. As always, thanks so much for all the pix detailing your changes.
FreyaStark said... (9/14/10 5:48 PM) Reply
A pretty and distinctive dress. It's a clever and appropriate use of that fabric.
michellep74 said... (9/14/10 5:24 PM) Reply
Really cute, and I love your use of the border print!
nellc said... (9/14/10 4:16 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress, I love the colour and the way you have used the border print.
Mufffet said... (9/14/10 2:25 PM) Reply
Very nice use of fabric! Cute dress. :)
Mirakel said... (9/14/10 12:12 PM) Reply
So cute! I like the way you used the border print and I love cowl necks! It looks great on you, nice job!
RLL said... (9/14/10 11:29 AM) Reply
I love how you used your border print. What a nice dress!
FullertonRegan said... (9/14/10 11:28 AM) Reply
I love the fabric! When I made this dress, I used lingerie guards to keep the cowl in place. They work like a charm, so I'd recommend that if the coins don't work out. Love that idea though!!
Mermie said... (9/14/10 11:10 AM) Reply
So cute! You look so cute in your dress. Love cowl necklines!
Elona said... (9/14/10 11:04 AM) Reply
I LOVE the double cowl! It's such a pretty look that I've always wondered why almost every other cowl-type pattern was only drapey in the front. Does the back view not matter? Of course it does, and yours is very, very pretty.
ginnie.wise said... (9/14/10 10:51 AM) Reply
What a great print... perfect for this! The colors are great and the finished product is beautiful!
annie11 said... (9/14/10 10:44 AM) Reply
What great info about weighting down the cowl and reducing the width of the back cowl. Will have to find the perfect border print to try this one out. Your dress looks wonderful on you.
marec said... (9/14/10 10:42 AM) Reply
Very helpful review with cool tips like coins in the cowls etc. I have starred your blog entry so I can study the techniques. Thanks so much!! Cool dress and cute on you.
katib said... (9/14/10 10:23 AM) Reply