Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4827 (Misses Medieval Dress and Belt)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash - 2011 Contest

Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:12/14/10 4:43 PM
Last Updated:2/19/11 7:37 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes

Staceyjo75 said... (3/31/11 3:41 PM) Reply
Can you tell me about how big this dress is around the bottom? I am going to want to put trim around the whole bottom and would sort of like to order the fabric and the trim at the same time. I know it will very depending on size, but a rough estimate would be great. Thanks so much!
Maggiedoll said... (3/24/11 11:09 AM) Reply
Abby, it wasn't my idea, Aroura did it first! Hrm, and I thought I put that in the review somewhere.. LOL, this is what happens when use the same pattern more than once and try to stuff the new bits onto the older review-- I end up not knowing what's actually in the current one!
abbythomas said... (3/19/11 11:39 PM) Reply
I love what you did with the trumpet sleeves from the other pattern...they look like they fold back nicely. I am making this dress for someone and I think I'm going to borrow your idea. I'll give you full credit in my review, though, no worries! :) Thank you for the creative inspiration!!!
Aroura said... (3/1/11 4:11 AM) Reply
Oh my gosh, gorgeous! I love what you have done with this base pattern. Amazing work! (turns the same shade of green with envy) :D
JillyBe said... (2/19/11 9:50 PM) Reply
The green & silver turned out beautiful together - nice job :)
Karen Easter said... (12/14/10 7:26 PM) Reply
I really like it better with your ribbon belt, too! I hope you love wearing it!
Trephas2003 said... (12/8/10 5:48 AM) Reply
It looks beautiful!
dfr2010 said... (12/7/10 10:28 PM) Reply
looks pretty good! Better than what you described in chat LOL I know you've been fussing with the sleeves a lot. Now I'm looking forward to seeing it in shantung.
Karen Easter said... (12/7/10 7:23 PM) Reply
I love the color and the line of this dress! It's gorgeous! I, too, have struggled with getting set-in sleeves to look and fit right. A while back, I took Sarah Veblen's on-line class on fitting armholes and sleeves here on PR. It was really helpful, and I think she's taught it off-and-on since then. In the meantime, here's a link to her article on threadsmagazine.com: http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/4483/to-get-the-right-armhole-fit-the-bodice I think it overlaps with material she presents in her class.

Understanding Sheer Fabrics