Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3035 (Baby sundress bloomers hat)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

About Leslie in Austinstarstarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 1/30/03
Posted on:7/1/04 5:56 PM
Last Updated:7/7/05 11:45 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Baby clothes
Christas said... (2/15/09 8:49 PM) Reply
I think you have given me an "excuse" to buy another foot for my machine! Your gathers are PERFECT! These little sundresses are too cute!
jaicee said... (1/23/09 4:44 PM) Reply
How precious! I just bought this pattern today. Thanks for all of your tips and photos. I can't wait to make summer outfits for my little princess!
Jblaze said... (2/23/06 6:27 PM) Reply
Thank you so much, Leslie for the back photo. I have been looking everywhere for a pattern to knock off a Kelly's Kids ruffle tie top and bloomers. The back of this pattern is as close as I am going to get. I will post the finished product. Love your versions of this one.
Twinkster said... (7/8/05 7:53 PM) Reply
Oh so cutie cute cute cute for a little baby!
VickiRC said... (7/8/05 7:27 PM) Reply
Too cute! Went straight from your review to Hancock's for the pattern. Guess the grandbaby gets a new dress tomorrow.
JDpenelope said... (7/8/05 7:25 PM) Reply
Your piping ideas are very inspiring. (Haven't done piping in years and that was on home dec stuff.) You have proven again that a simple pattern with beautiful fabric and appropriate embellishment can make a dynamite outfit. Keep 'em comin'.
SouthernStitch said... (7/8/05 12:18 PM) Reply
I have so enjoyed looking at all of your cutie pie creations! I think my favorite is the appliqued one. I bet your husbands co-worker flipped that you made an outfit in the babys "theme" motif. Your outfits give me baby lust!!
SewingSkater said... (7/8/05 8:47 AM) Reply
Leslie these are SOOOO cute! I love the ladybugs, and the piping looks great! I might have to get this pattern as a friend just had twin girls....
Karla Kizer said... (7/7/05 6:07 PM) Reply
Darn, Leslie. If these get any cuter, you can make one for me. :eek: Never mind. I might have to get this pattern to keep as a permanent part of The Collection. All those weddings I went to a year ago will result in baby showers, right? Your versions of these outfits are just adorable.
Leslie in Austin said... (7/7/05 4:15 PM) Reply
The package of piping cord I bought wasn't labelled with a size, but I think it's usually called mini or petite cording. Someone at the conference told me that you can buy a whole skein of it for <$3 at Hobby Lobby. I'll be over that direction tomorrow--I'll see if I can find out exactly what their version is called. Keep in mind, it's a little squirrel-y and harder to make than regular sized piping. Might be easier to buy it pre-made from somewhere like Children's Corner or Susie's Ready to Smock.
Hilary said... (7/7/05 3:48 PM) Reply
OMGoodness!!! Another creation, totally unique, and absolutely precious!! I'm sure the new mom will *love* it-I am going to steal your piping idea-what size cord did you use to make it?
ccdcar said... (7/7/05 3:01 PM) Reply
thanks for continuing to post as you make this again and again--it is so inspiring to see all the creativity this pattern allows you and all the elaborations... so beautiful!
MickeyFan said... (7/7/05 1:31 PM) Reply
Leslie, these are so adorable! I manged to miss the first couple of versions. Honestly, these look like they came straight out of a high end baby boutique. Lucky baby to have such a great aunt.
Lou. said... (7/7/05 12:59 PM) Reply
Leslie, you have the patience of a saint to make all these dresses, and they are beautiful. I only made the one and I still shudder at the thought of making it again!
Jennifer shaw said... (7/7/05 11:52 AM) Reply
I knew it!! Another fantastic success for you in the adorable world of baby clothes!! This turned out as incredible as ususal.
Hilary said... (6/12/05 3:35 PM) Reply
I *love* this outfit!! Applique is addicting, isn't it? I bet your niece will look sweet as pie in this. Lucky girl!
Jennifer shaw said... (6/12/05 11:38 AM) Reply
Your latest foray into creating more incredible baby clothes is just so terrific!! What a very lucky and special little girl,awwww!
JDpenelope said... (6/12/05 10:35 AM) Reply
You have an eye for design and the patience to make it work! All are too cute for words. Very inspiring for those of us sewing for children.
Maychi said... (6/12/05 6:41 AM) Reply
So cute! Great fabric choices!
Pam Z said... (6/12/05 0:29 AM) Reply
Just too cute! Love the details you added to this one. You are such a sweet Auntie!
Lori V said... (6/12/05 0:01 AM) Reply
All your outfits are just adorable.
drsue said... (6/11/05 8:54 PM) Reply
Your starting to make me miss the baby stage. I didn't think I'd ever feel that way after number 3.
CarolynGM said... (6/11/05 6:04 PM) Reply
You've certainly created a multitude of adorable items from just one pattern. The contrast band and appliques on the newest outfit are such cute additions.
Katharine in BXL said... (6/4/05 11:44 AM) Reply
Awww! Sure to be a winner. Love the gingham ribbon. That is adorable. How thoughtful of you, Leslie :)
pharmercoon said... (6/4/05 2:55 AM) Reply
Leslie: ADORABLE! Kay
Hilary said... (6/3/05 7:15 PM) Reply
This is adorable-it's sure to be a hit!! I love the ribbon, it makes a great finishing touch. I may have to steal that idea from you :o)
Mary Stiefer said... (6/3/05 3:54 PM) Reply
I just made this a short time ago and I really thought it was cute. I ran into the same problem that you did - where the pattern envelope says 2 buttons or snaps but you really need three. I love this fabric.
Cambric Tea said... (6/3/05 1:22 PM) Reply
That's really a wonderful gift. Your husband's colleage will be floored, I'm sure. (:
Katharine in BXL said... (8/8/04 5:06 AM) Reply
My feline sewing assistant just woke up from my little shriek of adoration. The print is beyond cute, especially in those colors. Your conversation description makes me laugh too-I know how you feel!
Lou. said... (7/5/04 6:42 AM) Reply
Leslie I ahve just cut this out for my soon to be niece. Yours are very cute and I hope mine are the same!!
Enid E said... (7/4/04 5:24 PM) Reply
oh, Leslie, isn't it fun to sew for these little women..I have grandsons and no grandaughters, BUT.... I have grand nieces and love to sew for them too! Great job and love the fabrics you chose! Keep it up....because it is so much fun..and they are so fortunate.
TanyaMT said... (7/2/04 4:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Your lucky little niece will be proud to wear it, I'm sure. I just became an aunt too with a niece, now 3 months old. With a boy myself, this is my first opportunity to sew for baby girls and I'm loving it! I get to dive into fabrics I never could use before but loved on the bolts.
JDpenelope said... (7/2/04 7:38 AM) Reply
Adorable. All of your modifications are so thoughtful--this outfit was obviously sewn with love. I also appreciate the detailed descriptions and extra photos.
Danvillegirl said... (7/2/04 5:44 AM) Reply
What a lovely outfit and a great aunt!
yarnivore said... (7/1/04 10:49 PM) Reply
Thanks for showing how you finished the inside of the garment. Adorable!
Jennifer shaw said... (7/1/04 10:23 PM) Reply
That is sooo adorable! What a lucky niece, to have such a talented aunt.
Levone said... (7/1/04 8:34 PM) Reply
I love this outfit. It is just too cute. I also like the special touches you added, especially the binding.
Jennifer West said... (7/1/04 8:15 PM) Reply
What a cute outfit! Love the fabric.
alicia said... (7/1/04 7:19 PM) Reply
That is a lovely outfit!!! having 2 girls myself I'm a bit partial... very professional job, I really like the inside binding and all the thought you put into the baby's comfort.

by: MNBarb