Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 18313-1004 (Orthopedic dog bed)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash - 2011 Contest
Reviewed by:khurtdvm

About khurtdvmstarstar
Member since: 8/6/04
Posted on:1/10/11 9:54 AM

khurtdvm said... (1/15/11 11:53 AM) Reply
I was further convinced of DH's wisdom in suggesting a waterproof cover, when the dog vomited up a sock overnight. The outer cover had a quick trip through the wash, and the waterproof cover got a quick wipe. All good!
lesliez said... (1/11/11 12:24 PM) Reply
You are an angel, both for giving the dog a loving home in her golden years and for making her such a wonderful bed.
sewbehind said... (1/11/11 10:57 AM) Reply
Bless your heart for adopting a 13 year old dog. On top of that, (not that you need do anything else) your bed looks so professional and for a fraction of the price.
betty bushwacker said... (1/11/11 9:10 AM) Reply
what a kind soul you are to take this old girl in, she looks really comfortable in her beautiful new bed. Well thought out construction too.
Annette1 said... (1/10/11 11:45 PM) Reply
Aaaaw, I'm so glad you took in this dog and she's found a loving home. Now as for the ortho bed, WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT? I have an overly expensive one upstairs as we speak. The first thing they did was rip the cover off of it. If I could just make a cover as nice as yours, much less the bed, I'd be doing great!
Immelu said... (1/10/11 11:22 PM) Reply
This is a great idea. I can only hope that if something were to happen to me and my hubby, someone as great as you would come along and take care of our puppies.
AnneMarie60 said... (1/10/11 5:45 PM) Reply
Excellent idea! My dog is young, but I think she also deserves a supportive mattress to sleep on all night. Thanks for sharing the info for making this mattress. I know your new family member will bring immeasurable joy to you and your husband!
FreyaStark said... (1/10/11 5:36 PM) Reply
What a wonderful thing to do! Good on you.
bluenines said... (1/10/11 5:05 PM) Reply
she looks like a very happy dog, good job on the dog bed , I think it is much better than a store bought one, because you made it just for her
Judy Kski said... (1/10/11 4:48 PM) Reply
You really used your talent as a seamstress for this project. You've incorporated a lot of neat ideas, things you probably wouldn't have been able to buy to go with the more expensive bed. Your dog showed her appreciation immediately. Way to go!
mssewcrazy said... (1/10/11 4:23 PM) Reply
Bless you for taking an oldster-you will love her-glad dh relented. As soon as my lab rescue stops with the chewing I am going to make one of these. From the looks of her blankets it will need to wait a bit. People always want puppies but I think an adult of any age is so much more fun. My daughter is a vet also -it is really hard to see the situations now especially the older pets whose owners move or die. I am so thankful for vets who really care about the animals -seeing the foam mattress for the oldster makes me want to get tears of joy just looking at it.
treefrog said... (1/10/11 4:15 PM) Reply
Looks like the bed is a winner - and so easy to maintain. And I'm so glad she has found a great home.
CCQ said... (1/10/11 3:33 PM) Reply
Great idea! I've admired those orthopedic dog beds but hard to spend that amount of money. I might have to do that for my dog as she is starting to get a little older too and might enjoy a little more cushion.
marec said... (1/10/11 2:05 PM) Reply
wonderful work for your new "baby". She looks very happy with her throne.
newmama said... (1/10/11 12:14 PM) Reply
She looks so sweet. I hope she likes her new bed, I imagine the fabric feels nice to her if it's like suede.
Passion4Sewing said... (1/10/11 12:04 PM) Reply
Just hope she doesn't chew up your wonderful work. My did :-) I'm glad DH relinquished!
hmacski said... (1/10/11 11:39 AM) Reply
good for you for adopting that old dog and taking such good care of her!
SewRaeMe said... (1/10/11 10:27 AM) Reply
I am sure you will enjoy having this new addition, as much work as they sometimes seem, an animal always seems to give back more than it gets. I agree, to be able to sew something up that would cost you a huge amount of money, even being able to hem a shower curtain is something to be thankful for for sure.

StyleArc Anthea Dress