Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6816 (Misses Easy Two-Hour Skirt, Pants and Knit Tops)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash - 2011 Contest

Posted on:1/24/11 11:45 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
Dale C said... (2/7/11 2:27 PM) Reply
Oooo... That's pretty! I love those flowers you did. I'll have to try that. I think I have that pattern in my stash somewhere. Maybe I'll try it out soon.
cleverkitty said... (1/25/11 9:18 AM) Reply
This so cute I love what you have done to it with the flowers, very creative. I put this pattern on my list now that I see yours. Jo-Ann Fabric has some nice cotton rib with spandex right now that would be perfect Thanks for the review!
mssewcrazy said... (1/25/11 6:37 AM) Reply
What a really cute shirt. I love how you embellished it. I also like the shape of the hem on yours. It seems different than the pattern illustration.
Knitters Delight said... (1/25/11 2:47 AM) Reply
I love your version with the sketched flowers.
Judy Kski said... (1/25/11 1:05 AM) Reply
Thanks for pointing out that center back seam error. I recently made a New Look knit top where I turned the center back seam into a "place on fold" pattern piece. I too forgot to eliminate the seam allowance. I didn't notice it in the neckline because I cut my own neck band, but I did notice extra width in the back along the side seamlines. I'd never seen that much of a difference between the width of the back piece compared to the front. A light just came on....thank you so much for unknowingly pointing out the error of my ways. : )
Aroura said... (1/25/11 0:51 AM) Reply
Lovely top, sorry about the back seam error. I've done something similar once. It's very lovely, I really like the thread sketched flowers, perfect touch!
mendospot said... (1/25/11 0:20 AM) Reply