Pattern Reviews> Other> Handy Heart Pot Holder (Handy Heart Pot Holder)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash - 2011 Contest
Reviewed by:Kathy in NM

About Kathy in NMstar
NM USA
Member since: 3/16/02
Posted on:2/5/11 9:12 PM
Last Updated:2/5/11 9:14 PM

Scheryka said... (2/16/11 11:12 AM) Reply
WOW, I see a pair in butterflies for my girls!
KathyRM said... (2/12/11 0:22 AM) Reply
They have this pattern at Nancy's Notions.
Kathy in NM said... (2/6/11 12:22 PM) Reply
PS - I found this on-line: http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/heart-shaped-pot-holders?comments_page=2&#slide_0 with the pattern here: http://www.purlbee.com/storage/heart_shaped_potholders.pdf This is similar, but less filler, and no cording along the "pocket" edges. The instructions aren't too good. If you put 2 layers of thin cotton batting, one layer of Insul-Bright in the main part, then only 1 layer of thin cotton batting in the "pcoket" parts, it would be more like the one I made. Also, the Handy Heart pattern uses cording along the open edge of the "pocket". This really makes it easier to get your hand in and out of the pot holder. If you cut the "pocket" part on the fold, insert batting, insert cording, stitch near cording, it would again be more like the ones I made. (see my link to pieces before assembly) I hope this helps some as it does seem to be difficult to find this pattern these days.
Kathy in NM said... (2/6/11 12:07 PM) Reply
SexiSadi - I have not seen a download. I'm not even sure they are still making these patterns. There is a contact e-mail on the back of the pattern: seweva@hotmail.com. The designers name is Eva Holen. If the e-mail still works, maybe she can help you.
newmama said... (2/6/11 11:49 AM) Reply
Those are really darling!
cleverkitty said... (2/6/11 10:34 AM) Reply
Your right it is a great way to use up cotton quilting fabric I'm sold, will order the pattern.... I love your fabric thanks for the review
SexiSadi said... (2/6/11 9:17 AM) Reply
These are cute. Do you know if there is a download somewhere, or would I have to buy the paper pattern? I did a google search, but came up with nothing.
Elemenopeo said... (2/5/11 9:50 PM) Reply