Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2813 (Donna Karan Top, Skirt, Pants)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash - 2011 Contest

Posted on:2/10/11 1:08 PM
Last Updated:2/26/11 10:12 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
valkyrie01 said... (8/21/11 0:18 AM) Reply
Thank you for this great review! I have this pattern cut and in pieces on my work desk. You were not kidding about the length of the arms! I have bigger arms than most owmen having been a powerlifter so it is the first thing I check. I also have very long arms; 26 inches from the crock of my neck to my wrist. When I pinned the paper pieces together together (cut size 16) the arm length (factoring in seam allowance) was 33 1/3 inches! That covers my entire arm length! On the model the cuff stops at her large thumb joint. The sleeves MUST be modified. So I am shortening where needed. After seeing the repinned pieces it should work. I also don't understand the need for moderate stretch fabric; it is a large cut already! I am going to make this out of a baby blue satin that I picked up on sale. Thanks for the warning about the collar. I wonder if a slightly heavier weight interfacing would keep it from flopping? I will experiement with that as well before I make the final stitches. It is a very high collar and that seems to cause a part of the problem. Kudos to you on a job well done!
EleanorSews said... (2/26/11 6:16 PM) Reply
That's an impressive looking shirt, the style is elegant and you mailed matching the print impressively. Another great review too!
SewWil said... (2/26/11 1:39 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt. Great job matching the print.
Camerio said... (2/12/11 7:24 AM) Reply
Love the fabric and overall look of the shirt. Excellent work.
loti said... (2/11/11 1:11 PM) Reply
Thank you for noticing, the fabric had an overall printing defect which made it a bear to match.
FreyaStark said... (2/10/11 5:52 PM) Reply
A really nice distinctive shirt. Your pattern matching is impressive.

SewBaby Travel High Chair Pattern