Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 7030 (Men)

Review submitted in Knock-Off Contest - 2011 Contest
Reviewed by:JenniferMM

About JenniferMMstar
Member since: 10/19/08
Posted on:5/30/11 4:31 PM
Last Updated:6/2/11 0:18 AM
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts    Kids(boys & girls)

Other Projects by JenniferMM using this Pattern

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Blooms said... (7/10/11 7:16 PM) Reply
Wow, great fit on that shirt. I love the photo shwoing both the front and back view. Very clever. You'll be a slave to the sewing machine now as I am sure he will want plenty more of these.
dreamdesigner said... (6/8/11 12:09 PM) Reply
Link's working now, thanks! It looks fabulous. I think I HAVE seen DF before, but I probably wouldn't have remembered that either, even though dd has one of those.
annakeeton said... (6/3/11 5:56 PM) Reply
Great summer shirt.
cleverkitty said... (6/3/11 12:02 PM) Reply
looks RTW you both look fabulous in your shirts, you should be so very proud.
JenniferMM said... (6/3/11 9:47 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! I'm so pleased to hear it looks nice :) (I worry extra when it isn't myself wearing the garment) @fattyboomboom yes, I just double-checked and the chest ease is 10". The waist is actually 13" and the hips 7". I don't think it's uncommon for some men's shirts to be that way but it doesn't fall in with current trend. I definitely recommend using a RTW as a guide.
Trephas2003 said... (6/2/11 6:27 PM) Reply
It looks great!
21wale said... (6/2/11 3:52 PM) Reply
Great looking shirt!
Dale C said... (6/2/11 3:18 PM) Reply
Classic and casual in a happy up-to-date color! Looks sharp.
fattyboomboom said... (6/2/11 2:47 PM) Reply
10" of ease?! Wow! Thanks for the warning. Great review.
Aroura said... (6/2/11 1:01 PM) Reply
Really great job! Great looking shirt, very professional . :)
Amanda.Claire said... (6/2/11 7:45 AM) Reply
Nice shirt and lots of good information.
JenniferMM said... (6/2/11 0:11 AM) Reply
Thanks Norsecross! Luckily, he doesn't mind offering his opinion because he knows it will result in a better product. Sorry Dreamdesigner, I think they're I use DFH as Darling future husband. There isn't an appropriate acronym for those of those at the halfway point. Perhaps, DF would be a better choice (for darling fiance)?
dreamdesigner said... (6/1/11 8:13 PM) Reply
Your picture links aren't working. (other than the thumbnail on this page) BTW, what's a DFH? Darling First Husband??????
Norsecross said... (5/30/11 10:46 PM) Reply
Kudos to you for making a man's shirt. I have made a few and just hated it! The process, not the shirt. It really helps when the man it is for is involved, has an opinion and gives compliments! ( My man does all that, but I still have no plan to make him more shirts!) After a few with the same pattern you will have it down to a science and just crank 'em out! Good work!