Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2806 (Scoopneck tops with ruching or gathered foldover)

Review submitted in One Pattern Many Looks Contest
Reviewed by:Silknmore

About Silknmorestar
Member since: 9/30/06
Posted on:7/31/11 9:43 PM
Last Updated:8/1/11 12:27 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
Deepika said... (9/7/11 10:05 AM) Reply
How did I miss this earlier? Beautiful tops.
dreamdesigner said... (8/15/11 3:55 PM) Reply
PS: I was going to ask where in WI you're moving to ( I'm originally from there and most of my extended family lives there) but then I read some of your blog, noticed your dd's graduation picture, and noticed that the surrounding chairs of from the Student Union at UW- Madison, so I'm assuming that that's close to where you'll be moving? That area's my home turf. We recently visited, and had a beer (Spotted Cow) and Babcock ice cream at the Union.
dreamdesigner said... (8/15/11 11:37 AM) Reply
WOW! What a lot of insiration!!! Thanks for that!! I've been seeing a bit of the "lace yoke" tops lately and was comtemplating making one. This is an additional idea. Thanks again!
newmama said... (8/7/11 3:44 AM) Reply
Gorgeous tops. I really love the way you did the lace one especially.
lnwmelon said... (8/5/11 9:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful tops! I love the variety. You would never think that they were all made from the same pattern. Good job!
marjoriekh said... (8/4/11 10:30 PM) Reply
Beautiful tops! I'm really impressed with what you did with your embellishments. I think I may 'adopt' your lace sleeves and back idea, if I may -- love it.
Kayseri said... (8/4/11 7:22 PM) Reply
What a terrific set of tops, something to wear with anything.
grey ann said... (8/2/11 5:50 PM) Reply
All are lovely. I love the lace sleeves on the first one; and also your tip to sew the lace and garment fabric together and then cut away the underfabric. Much easier to sew, I'm sure. Thanks for this review
VirginiasDghter said... (8/2/11 8:11 AM) Reply
Great ideas for many looks! Your tops look great....ALL of them!
Sew4Fun said... (8/1/11 11:02 PM) Reply
VERY inspiring! You are so creative. I really enjoyed seeing how you created each and every top all from one basic pattern. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is now briming with ideas for my own tees. Thanks for the review (with such great detail) & ideas!
Amanda.Claire said... (8/1/11 6:05 PM) Reply
Great work! These are really cute tops!
AndreaSews said... (8/1/11 4:09 PM) Reply
Great bunch of tops!
Bonnie O said... (8/1/11 3:24 PM) Reply
Love love love all the tops! It must feel great to look in your closet every morning and contemplate which one to wear!
ElizabethDee said... (8/1/11 1:14 PM) Reply
Wow! Love your tees and your imaginative embellishments. You do beautiful work.
becca a said... (8/1/11 10:12 AM) Reply
What a fantastic wardrobe of Jalie shirts! You are an inspiration with all these lovely versions. I love them all, and especially love the white one with the etsy lace.
JEF said... (8/1/11 9:48 AM) Reply
Wonderful! They look just beautiful.
VivianZ said... (8/1/11 9:08 AM) Reply
You are so creative, so many ideas!
Sewing Chick said... (8/1/11 9:05 AM) Reply
Your tops look terrific! You have a great talent in embellishment.
Danvillegirl said... (8/1/11 6:46 AM) Reply
Wow!!! Great looking tops!
Rebecca D said... (8/1/11 6:38 AM) Reply
Amazing work.
kremmer said... (8/1/11 4:32 AM) Reply
Great tops! Well done! You have really made wonderful selection here! Good luck!
JillyBe said... (8/1/11 3:19 AM) Reply
What fantastic creations! I was just looking at this pattern this eve, & I put it back on the I think I'm pulling it out again - you've inspired me! :)
Aroura said... (8/1/11 1:09 AM) Reply
These are all just amazing!! I love the lacy top a lot. This is a Jalie pattern I've always passed over (and I love Jalie), but your versions made me rethink that. Beautiful!
SusiM said... (8/1/11 0:41 AM) Reply
I loved looking at your creations! Wunderful designs - all different! Thanks for the ideas!
sewbehind said... (7/31/11 10:29 PM) Reply
You did a great job with your pattern and all of your lovely versions.
RadarRadiance said... (7/31/11 10:08 PM) Reply
I am sooooo impressed, I love each one of them! What a great job.... I hope you enjoy WI.
Gelbean said... (7/31/11 9:50 PM) Reply
Wow! Seven tops! That's great. Now you have one for each day of the week. The 6 you shared are lovely. The embellishments are nicely done.

by: MayenDesig...