Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3378 (Tops)

Review submitted in Pattern Stash 2011 Contest
Reviewed by:Margaret

About Margaretstarstarstarstar
BC Canada
Member since: 11/4/02
Posted on:11/16/11 11:31 AM

Sigrid. said... (11/17/11 10:26 AM) Reply
Beautiful Margaret. Love the fabric. Great to have the information how to change the neckline. Thanks.
MidnightBleu said... (11/17/11 10:21 AM) Reply
It is really stylish and fits you so well. Great review.
Margaret said... (11/17/11 3:55 AM) Reply
Wow, thanks for all the kind comments! Renren, yes, it makes the armhole a slight bit (1/4") smaller. I did the sloping only on the front, where it seemed like I needed the armhole depth a little bit shorter anyway. If you wanted to slope a shoulder seam without decreasing the armhole depth, here's one option: you could draw on the new shoulder seam shape, then trace a copy of the original armhole shape, and tape the tracing on so that it matched the new end of the shoulder seam and the bottom end of the curve matched along the side seam. Then you would use that tracing line when cutting out the armhole on the pattern. It does result in the side seam being shorter, so the same amount would have to be done on both front and back -- if you wanted, say, a forward shoulder alteration as well, it would be best done afterward. (I hope that makes sense)
cerulean said... (11/17/11 0:10 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric! I've been wanting to do this pattern for a while. I appreciate the tips!
becca a said... (11/16/11 11:09 PM) Reply
What a great looking twist top! I love twist tops. Thanks for the very thorough and helpful review.
FreyaStark said... (11/16/11 10:15 PM) Reply
You've done a good job of making the pattern work for you, which is encouraging for others. It's a cute top.
nicegirl said... (11/16/11 5:02 PM) Reply
Great fit and a nice finish on the top.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (11/16/11 4:45 PM) Reply
Good save, Margaret!! How LOW does a KS pattern want to go?? (I think of them as a pretty conservative company ;/ )
treefrog said... (11/16/11 2:59 PM) Reply
Lovely top - I lie the pattern in the fabric. Thanks for the info on how you adjusted the front. I struggle with these type of things so I learn heaps from your reviews!
jannw said... (11/16/11 1:03 PM) Reply
Very nice top!! Your fit is perfect! Thanx for all the instructions on riaising the front. I have to do that also and you gave me some new things to consider!
renren said... (11/16/11 12:22 PM) Reply
So beautiful! I have this pattern in my queue but I'm worried about all these changes! Thanks for photographing the mods to the pattern. Also, by sloping that shoulder seam down by 1/4 inch, is the armhole not effectively made a bit smaller (by 1/2 inch)? Perhaps I'm missing something. Oh, yes, I love the fabric in these shades of very serious blue.
Terri A said... (11/16/11 12:06 PM) Reply
Well, the twist looks perfect! Nice top:-)

by: sewing gen...