Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2921 (Scarf-Collar Tops)

Review submitted in Pattern Stash 2011 Contest
Reviewed by:Sharon M

About Sharon Mstarstarstarstar
Member since: 8/3/02

Best Patterns of 2010
Posted on:11/20/11 5:41 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
Margaret said... (12/19/11 7:27 AM) Reply
Looks great in this print! Nice that it worked out with almost no changes!
Deepika said... (12/3/11 10:40 AM) Reply
Beautiful top and the fabric is so pretty. That's a great challenge to follow up the fun you guys had at the PR Day.
BettyMike said... (12/3/11 8:46 AM) Reply
Love your top. I'm waiting on this pattern to arrive in the mail. Think I'm going to use fabric purchased at PR weekend 2011 Austin! Your top is fab!
Sharon M said... (12/1/11 8:55 PM) Reply
Curly26 - to raise the collar all I did was redraw the front neckline - I brought it up from the center front by about 2" from the pattern piece and gradually curved it back to the original cutting line
Sharon M said... (12/1/11 8:55 PM) Reply
Curly26 said... (12/1/11 3:56 PM) Reply
What did you do to raise the collar?
Terri A said... (11/25/11 7:19 PM) Reply
Super top. Perfect and gorgeous!
MidnightBleu said... (11/25/11 12:06 PM) Reply
Love the top. And what a great how-to on your blog. Kudos.
Sharon M said... (11/21/11 9:41 PM) Reply
MNBarb - how could I have forgotten the dedication it took to get this fabric - i.e. the blizzard. LOL
MNBarb said... (11/21/11 7:50 PM) Reply
I didn't see anywhere in your writing that you had to drive through a BLIZZARD to get this fine fabric! You look terrific in this top. I must have another.
Michele Lommasson said... (11/21/11 6:31 PM) Reply
Very good looking! I loved your blog entry on this.
pdiddly said... (11/21/11 12:57 PM) Reply
Having made this myself the first thing I noticed was the raised neckline when I make the next one. Love your fabric nice looking top
homejewel said... (11/21/11 11:33 AM) Reply
Love your top! FYI - Jalie mentioned your blog on their Facebook notifications :)
JEF said... (11/21/11 11:29 AM) Reply
becca a said... (11/21/11 11:18 AM) Reply
Great top! I love the fabric. Good idea to raise the neckline.
cleverkitty said... (11/21/11 9:20 AM) Reply
Sharon M you look great in your Top I love this pattern, every time I see a review I want to make it again, maybe one for each month :)
yogaa said... (11/21/11 9:19 AM) Reply
Nice top, Sharon! Way to go on sewing up that fabric. Makes me feel guilty...
Lori V said... (11/21/11 7:17 AM) Reply
Great looking top.
khurtdvm said... (11/20/11 9:57 PM) Reply
I love the print! A really pretty shirt!
Sharon M said... (11/20/11 9:53 PM) Reply
kangafrog - Ah! Good catch. I completely forgot about that! I'm so used to having to do a FBA on everything that I completely blanked out on the raised neckline! Yes indeed, I raised it about 2" based on feedback from Lori. Now I need to correct my review!
kangafrog said... (11/20/11 9:38 PM) Reply
I am one of the few people who has not yet sewn this top because we cannot buy Jalie patterns in Australia. I have ordered the pattern and washed my fabric so that I will be ready to go when the pattern arrives. Your top is really beautiful. I note that you say you did not do any alterations, but the neckline on your top looks higher than the one on the pattern envelope. Did you raise the neckline?
SewWil said... (11/20/11 8:41 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! I agree with you that it should be a best pattern for a second year.
marec said... (11/20/11 8:16 PM) Reply
Wow, this is wonderful, and I appreciate your review here and the info on your blog. Awesome fabric.
Teeavilnor said... (11/20/11 7:48 PM) Reply
Looking Good, I have just started using Jalie pattens, and love them. Great job.
Levone said... (11/20/11 7:00 PM) Reply
Love your version of this!
Sew4Fun said... (11/20/11 6:59 PM) Reply
Don't tell me you bought the fabric yesterday and today it's a top?! Can't be! LOL! All jokes aside, great top and I do love the fabric. I hope you had a great day at the PR Brithday yesterday. :)
Sharon M said... (11/20/11 6:53 PM) Reply
It IS a great pattern isn't it? I can see now why so many sew it again, and again, and again. Renren - it should be best pattern for the 2nd year!
Cerisa said... (11/20/11 6:14 PM) Reply
Your top looks great. I cannot believe that I have sewn five and I am about to make a couple more. It's easy to vary the look with different fabrics, buckles etc and sleeve lengths. More short sleeved striped one looks so different from my 3/4 sleeve plain one with a large buckle carved from a shell.
renren said... (11/20/11 6:08 PM) Reply
I have not sewn it! I think yours is beautiful. Congrats on getting your new PR Day fabric sewn up so quickly. And right now there's a second review of this Jalie in the gallery--this pattern has got legs! Wonder if it will be a Best of for a 2nd year running (if they allow that).
Gelbean said... (11/20/11 5:59 PM) Reply
Love your top. Perfect fabric choice. I just made my 4th version of this top. It's a favorite of mine.

McCall's 7431OOP

by: FreyaStark

by: meggipeg

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)