Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6674 (Misses Wrap Dress)

Review submitted in Pattern Stash 2011 Contest

Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:11/30/11 5:10 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Margaret said... (12/18/11 1:56 PM) Reply
Great dress and nice reuse of the fabric!
annakeeton said... (12/4/11 7:23 PM) Reply
Using an old slipcover to make a lovely dress is surely one of the definitions of resourcefulness.
Norsecross said... (12/4/11 2:58 PM) Reply
Utterly transformed! Well done!
ElizabethDee said... (12/4/11 9:41 AM) Reply
Wow -- I never would have guessed this dress was once a slipcover! It looks great! You really did some clever thinking in combining the various patterns, too.
MidnightBleu said... (12/2/11 1:57 PM) Reply
What a way to reuse a old slipcover! Great job. Thanks for you comments on my beret. To answer your question about my hat form: It is really old styrofoam--but heavy, not the lightweight stuff around now. I think I have had it for at least 15-17 years. It has a 1.5"-2" hole in the bottom underneath the base. I believe it was meant to fit on top of some type of holder. I turned it upside down, stabilized it, and put some clear silicon caulk in the bottom of the hole. I then added new, large, heavy washers (after I scrubbed them with dish lotion to remove any machine oil)--adding caulk between layers of washers. And sealed the opening with caulk. Think I added 6-8 washers. This made it incredibly stable and I don't think very tippy even with a wide brim--my beret was out of heavy sweater material and I had no problems with it. Best recollection is I paid around a dollar for it at a jumble sale to benefit charity! Hope this helps.
HatBuddy said... (12/1/11 6:13 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for your praise ladies ! Yes I did enter it in the Refashion Contest at the last minute before it closed yeasterday..whew barely made it
Cerisa said... (12/1/11 0:54 AM) Reply
This is a terrific garment and I am with the others who say that you should enter it in the refashion contest
Cerisa said... (12/1/11 0:54 AM) Reply
renren said... (11/30/11 10:48 PM) Reply
Yes, I saw that chair in the gallery at first and then it disappeared! Very nice dress!
Terri A said... (11/30/11 9:07 PM) Reply
Great! Definitely enter it in the refashion - you certainly did that!
marec said... (11/30/11 7:44 PM) Reply
Cute and very inventive. I agree, enter it in the refashion contest too.
marykpfist said... (11/30/11 7:41 PM) Reply
If you haven't already-- you should enter it into the refashion contest too! Great re-make! :-)

No Pattern Used See Kate Sew\'s Baby Dress