Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Review submitted in Jeans Contest Contest
Reviewed by:allycovey

About allycoveystar
AR United States
Member since: 11/16/07

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:1/24/12 4:03 PM
Last Updated:1/25/12 10:43 AM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
Margaret said... (2/20/12 2:28 PM) Reply
Looks like a great fit and I like the details on these. Thanks for all the info about the sloper and the fitting... I may have to try that.
JDpenelope said... (2/17/12 6:35 AM) Reply
You went to a lot of work to make a great pair of jeans and your effort was well-rewarded. Thanks for sharing your journey.
Zacky said... (2/12/12 9:50 PM) Reply
Great tips and great jeans!
annakeeton said... (2/6/12 6:30 PM) Reply
Thank you for including the sloper information. Great back pocket detail and I like the two belt loops at the center back.
terrilee said... (1/28/12 10:18 AM) Reply
Great fit! I love the fact that you included info on your saran sloper. Hadn't heard of that before. The notes on your review & saran sloper are excellent!
Raye Ann said... (1/25/12 4:07 PM) Reply
they look wonderful! congratulations!!
JEF said... (1/25/12 9:01 AM) Reply
Wonderful! I loved your blog post about the saran wrap sloper. How did your personal crotch curve compare to the Jalie pattern? Did you modify the Jalie pattern based on your saran wrap sloper? Inquiring minds want to know ....
kjcaron said... (1/25/12 7:42 AM) Reply
You did a great job on your jeans! They look really nice and I love the back pocket design!
Lauri Strandell said... (1/24/12 10:02 PM) Reply
They look great! I was curious about the tummy control of the pockets, it just seems like more material around my middle. I was curious about the type of fabric that has control, hahaha, to bad I couldn't use some spanx! Super great job, the fit is just right.
treefrog said... (1/24/12 8:23 PM) Reply
Love your jeans. The embroidery on the pocket is great. I liked the way you used the wrap to make draft the pockets - definitely something I need to try
kchow said... (1/24/12 5:35 PM) Reply
I know what you mean about the flat felled seams. On my first pair of jeans I made a few weeks ago, all my seams started coming apart. I'm going to have to rip it up, and re-sew it, just using a regular seam, not flat felled, since I trimmed it. I also agree about straight waistbands, they never work out.
skae said... (1/24/12 5:26 PM) Reply
loved the idea about the saran wrap double. I think I'm going to try it. The jeans you made beautiful
dragon10 said... (1/24/12 4:20 PM) Reply
They look so good. Thanks for the review and the tip about glueing to fold over the seam. You are so right about stealing pieces from other patterns. I can never remember where they are!

StyleArc Twiggy Dress