Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5682 (Misses' Jeans and Trousers)

Review submitted in Jeans Contest Contest
Reviewed by:CraftAddict

About CraftAddict
Member since: 9/1/10
Posted on:1/30/12 4:18 PM
Last Updated:1/30/12 4:27 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
madbadger said... (1/6/14 8:39 PM) Reply
They look great! I think I'm going to try this one!
BrendaJoyce said... (3/1/13 6:25 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern today and ran to my computer to check the reviews. I gotta tell ya, your trousers look great! That's the one I wanted to make when I saw the pattern. I need to get some denim and get started.
Margaret said... (2/20/12 9:19 AM) Reply
Congrats on your first pair of pants! They look really good and the fit looks great too. Keep in mind there are a few different ways to do a fly, some of which will conceal the zipper more than others -- JDpenelope has a good point. After you pick a method and get used to it, it gets easier.
CraftAddict said... (2/17/12 9:18 AM) Reply
@JDpenelope I did come across Sandra Betzina's video tutorial which I THOUGHT I used the method when I finally got the zipper in. However, having looked at it again afterwards, I realize that I still lined up with the zipper teeth rather than the edge of the zipper tape. lol! I do think I'll try Jalie 2908 as I've read lots of great reviews. I'm definitely not giving up on jeans. You always need jeans!
JDpenelope said... (2/16/12 7:38 PM) Reply
Craftaddict -- First your jeans looks great and you persevered through the fly zipper fiasco, so you get extra points for that. Why don't you try Sandra Betzina's faux fly method? It looks great and isn't difficult. The ever-popular Jalie 2908 uses the same method, by the way, except that the instructions have you place the zipper over the center front seam. I like Sandra's method better -- She butts the side of the zipper tape up against that same seam, which makes the zipper almost invisible. You can use up any zipper color and it won't be seen. I hope you don't give up on jeans. They're so much fun to make.
Terri A said... (2/15/12 8:45 PM) Reply
Great job - and I am sure everyone can sympathize with your struggle with the fly - it can be tricky!
Zacky said... (2/12/12 9:40 PM) Reply
They came out really well! Congrats!!
CraftAddict said... (2/11/12 11:09 AM) Reply
annakeeton said... (2/8/12 6:52 AM) Reply
These trousers look great and your pocket lining fabric is a nice touch.
treefrog said... (2/7/12 9:53 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your first pair of pants. I think you have done a great job with fit - with is something to be proud of. Hang in there with the fly - it's always confusing the first time but much easier the second time around.
CraftAddict said... (1/31/12 2:21 PM) Reply
Thanks ladies. I'm pleased for a first effort.
KarenTeel said... (1/31/12 10:59 AM) Reply
Hey! You did great on these. Not your fault if the pattern and instructions led you astray. I like the look on you.
RLL said... (1/31/12 10:29 AM) Reply
Wow, I don't think these look too bad at fact they are pretty darn good.