Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 219 (Intimacies)

Review submitted in 2012 Fabric Stash Contest Contest
Reviewed by:loti

About lotistarstarstar
FL USA
Member since: 5/27/04
Posted on:1/31/12 11:18 PM
Last Updated:2/2/12 10:05 AM

LBH2010 said... (1/5/13 4:54 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for your helpful reply! I am going to try to fix mine soon now.
loti said... (12/23/12 10:18 AM) Reply
LBH2010 - The waist and leg openings remain flat, but that's because I used three rows of stitching with silk thread. The first line of stitching was to stabilize the the edge, then I turned the edge and stitched again, then trimmed the edge, then folded once more for the last line of topstitching. Now having said all of that, if I make them again, I will use a facing because I've gained a little weight and there is "grinning" along the darts. Good luck to you!!
LBH2010 said... (12/22/12 5:23 PM) Reply
These look great! I am jealous. :) I noticed that you did a narrow hem on yours instead of the bias tape at the waist. I was just wondering if you had problems with the waist becoming "wavy" from that hem. I just made mine in a satin material that has a little bit of stretch, and my waist and leg openings all became wavy.
marthamyers said... (2/3/12 10:45 PM) Reply
Such lovely little tap pants - perfect for undies or for sleeping, I would think!
jenleeC said... (2/3/12 8:27 AM) Reply
Very nice...I saw these being worn on the film "Miss Pettigrew lives for a Day" but didn't realise they were called tap pants.
loti said... (2/2/12 11:48 PM) Reply
lamstu - they were the underwear of the 20's, I might use them for pj bottoms.
lamstu said... (2/2/12 7:37 PM) Reply
Lovely work, are they underwear or pjs?
AndreaSews said... (2/1/12 8:41 PM) Reply
Very nice! I love tap pants.
Margaret said... (2/1/12 6:31 AM) Reply
These look good! I got the older version a long time ago... glad to hear they've increased the size range.
jannw said... (2/1/12 2:08 AM) Reply
Very nice! I've been eyeing this pattern for a long time..guess I'll have to get it! I love your items!

Understanding Sheer Fabrics