Pattern Reviews> Drafted from RTW> Treefrogs (Overalls)

Review submitted in February Challenge - Menswear Contest
Reviewed by:treefrog

About treefrogstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 2/13/08
Posted on:2/5/12 8:33 PM
Last Updated:2/16/12 0:40 AM

Spool64 said... (2/23/12 8:11 PM) Reply
Well done! Thanks for all of the details-you really dissected the RTW and improved it!
sfshaza said... (2/22/12 6:09 PM) Reply
I wouldn't normally click on a review of men's overalls, but I wanted to check out the work in the men's contest. WOW. WOW. These are, indeed, a labor of love. Such amazing detail. Such beautiful and thoughtful workmanship. I agree with the others - make him another pair now. Perhaps with TWO pair, you will get more like 10 years before you have to make another! Very impressive!
stsimon said... (2/20/12 10:59 AM) Reply
All I can say is, AWESOME!
Ags7 said... (2/19/12 7:43 PM) Reply
Wow! You did a fabulous job! What a lot of love and detail went into making these, it's so impressive. My hubby would absolutely love it if I did the same for him. I have never thought of copying his overalls. I love that lining fabric with the hearts and X's, what a hoot. A reminder everyday he wears those of how much you love him, so cute. Love, love, love these! :))
Moxie Carol said... (2/18/12 6:14 PM) Reply
You make me want some just so I can study the craftsmanship! What a wonderful project and a great review. You and your hubby are a good team.
DianasThread said... (2/17/12 3:28 PM) Reply
Another wow!
sew4real said... (2/17/12 2:33 PM) Reply
Wow, you did a wonderful job! Look like he will get a lot of use out of them, you may be making a second pair sooner than you think.
ClaireEmily said... (2/17/12 12:13 PM) Reply
What a fantastic job you did! Love the the custom improvements. I am very impressed that your DH is working on restoring the High Country huts! I used to hike up there a lot when I was younger and I always lived them. Tell him thanks from me :)
marjoriekh said... (2/17/12 11:47 AM) Reply
Your husband is a lucky man. Fantastic job on these overalls. He looks great in them, too!
MNBarb said... (2/16/12 8:47 AM) Reply
You never fail to impress me. These are wonderfully amazing.
Sassy T said... (2/16/12 6:55 AM) Reply
Well done you. They are great. And well done him for sorting your machine.
tigergirl said... (2/12/12 4:37 AM) Reply
You've done such a great job with these! Now my other half wants me to make him some custom overalls.
JillyBe said... (2/7/12 4:59 PM) Reply
What a lucky DH! Not only does he get custom-made overalls, but the details & workmanship are exquisite - VERY well done.
lynne1nor said... (2/7/12 3:21 PM) Reply
Congratulations on this project! What a tremendous amount of work you put into making your hubby his new overalls. I'm sure my husband would love to have the same ones!
bananaoil said... (2/6/12 8:48 PM) Reply
These are totally cool.
no7262 said... (2/6/12 4:32 PM) Reply
I think they're great! You should just go a head and make him another pair now while you still have it fresh in your mind...... Nora :)
margk said... (2/6/12 4:25 PM) Reply
Wow! Everything about these is Fan.Tas.Tic! Lining fabric made me smile, too. Beautiful work as always, Treefrog.
Luckylibbet said... (2/6/12 1:15 PM) Reply
Amazing! Very professional work, and THANKS for a such a thorough review of the process.
fractal said... (2/6/12 11:13 AM) Reply
Very impressive overalls! I love all the details which are extremely professionally done.
allycovey said... (2/6/12 10:53 AM) Reply
Really great job!!!!
FreyaStark said... (2/6/12 9:50 AM) Reply
Wow! A very impressive effort. Was the fabric difficult to work with?
Margaret said... (2/6/12 9:49 AM) Reply
Great overalls -- these look very useful! Nice reward for getting the machine working!
swany said... (2/6/12 9:14 AM) Reply
These look great!
Judy Kski said... (2/6/12 8:42 AM) Reply
You really do some amazing work!
coudcoud said... (2/6/12 8:07 AM) Reply
Your husband is lucky to have these custom-made overalls. Very nicely crafted!
annakeeton said... (2/6/12 6:44 AM) Reply
Wow, these overalls are so well made. The pocket lining fabric is great.
booran said... (2/6/12 1:43 AM) Reply
You have done a great job - I think hanging on to the pattern is a good idea - because I am sure that your DH will back for a another pair at some stage !!!!!
Sew4Fun said... (2/6/12 0:59 AM) Reply
Wow! I bet DH is happy with his custom overalls. Wonderful drafting and sewing on your part. There is a lot of work in these overalls! Nice job.
Sharonspils said... (2/6/12 0:26 AM) Reply
Your DH is priceless and you deserve huge hugs for making such a professional looking pair of overalls, your attention to detail (as always) is amazing.
Kayseri said... (2/5/12 11:44 PM) Reply
This looks like a seriously useful garment, in several senses. Well done.
khurtdvm said... (2/5/12 11:25 PM) Reply
Those are amazing! Great job! (And I agree - you kind of needed to make them, after he fixed your machine.)
jannw said... (2/5/12 11:12 PM) Reply
Wonderful!! Such a fantastic job!! love the little red bar tacks..and all the other improvements. Did you tell him he is not allowed to put holes in them? A suitable reward for fixing the machine..
AndreaSews said... (2/5/12 10:02 PM) Reply
Incredible job!
Zacky said... (2/5/12 9:53 PM) Reply
Nice Overalls! Love the improvements over the original. Excellent work!
21wale said... (2/5/12 9:34 PM) Reply
Wow, these are amazing with so many excellent details and a good fit. How great you were able to find the right fabric, too. My husband has been hinting for me to make him coveralls. He think it'd be easy to draft a pattern. hahahaha
Mary Stiefer said... (2/5/12 8:44 PM) Reply
These look fabulous - OMG - I'm sure he will get lots of use from them. You have more patience than I do - Well done.

Understanding Wool Fabrics