Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans (take 2))

Review submitted in Jeans Contest Contest

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:2/12/12 3:14 PM
Last Updated:2/12/12 3:33 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

See other patterns in this category: Pants
Margaret said... (2/18/12 5:56 AM) Reply
Great jeans & fit. Thanks for the detailed review!
Nenewhis said... (2/17/12 10:45 AM) Reply
I would say that you nailed this one. I have always wanted to make a pair of jeans and your pattern choice is one that I would have picked. I love both pair, and it is obvious that you did your research. Not only is your fabric choice for both the red and dk. blue pair spot on, but the details on both were just fabulous. You definitely have my vote for the contest!
JDpenelope said... (2/17/12 6:29 AM) Reply
Thanks for answering my question. Re-reading your review, I see that you had answered it there! I really like what you have achieved with this pattern.
Terri A said... (2/15/12 8:03 PM) Reply
WOW! Really great and I LOOOVE your colorful fabric choices! The fit is gorgeous too - very flattering.
redrockcity said... (2/14/12 10:41 AM) Reply
JDpenelope I took an inch out of the upper thigh-about midway to the knee. I didn't remove any length from the bottom until I hemmed them, to make sure they were the right length for the shoes I envisioned wearing them with. On these I wanted them to come about a half inch above the floor when I am wearing 2" heels. To make that happen I ended up taking about 2 inches off the length before hemming. I hope that helps!
JDpenelope said... (2/14/12 7:35 AM) Reply
Just reading this great review. You got a very good fit. Did you shorten the pattern? If so, where, may I ask? I am also 5'2" Thanks.
21wale said... (2/14/12 0:30 AM) Reply
Excellent jeans!
TJSEWS said... (2/13/12 4:25 PM) Reply
Wow! Really great jeans!
Karine said... (2/13/12 4:06 PM) Reply
First, your jeans are great. I love the Valentine red version and you've achieved a great fit. Thank you for a really helpful review. It is so helpful to have all of the links to supplies, tutorials, sew-alongs. I think I'm finally ready to take the plunge and try this pattern for myself.
Sharonspils said... (2/13/12 0:54 AM) Reply
Fantastic red jeans and your fit is looking good.
JEF said... (2/13/12 0:30 AM) Reply
Those red jeans are the best!
Lynn67 said... (2/12/12 11:33 PM) Reply
Holy smokes, your fit is perfect! Awesome stitching too. I'm pulling this pattern out next.
Lori V said... (2/12/12 11:09 PM) Reply
Great jeans, thanks for all the information.
luckeyone said... (2/12/12 10:45 PM) Reply
Thanks for sharing all the valuable information. Great jeans!
Zacky said... (2/12/12 10:15 PM) Reply
Im really digging the colored denim! Great work!!!
Claverie said... (2/12/12 8:03 PM) Reply
What a great pair of jeans. Fit you great. ... left, came back... had to edit my comment. Just saw the BLUE ones. WOW these look great!
poppykettle said... (2/12/12 7:42 PM) Reply
Love your jeans!! I too purchased buttons and a few other bobs from Tailor Taylor's site - great quality stuff. I really need to get this Jalie pattern - your pants look great!
annakeeton said... (2/12/12 7:13 PM) Reply
Epic Valentines Day Jeans! The fit and details like the cotton voile are great.
momsurfing said... (2/12/12 5:46 PM) Reply
i've just gotten this pattern and can't wait to give it a go. this is how i prefer to do my fly also.
Levone said... (2/12/12 5:05 PM) Reply
Great looking jeans! I love the simple pocket stitching.
treefrog said... (2/12/12 4:44 PM) Reply
Love the red jeans. It is interesting about bringing the side seams forward to have a more slimming effect. Well done!
MNBarb said... (2/12/12 4:29 PM) Reply
I especially love the red jeans with the boots. You are getting a perfect fit for jeans, nice and slim where they should be slim and just right at the waist. Congrats!
margk said... (2/12/12 3:41 PM) Reply
Your quest is going very well! Fabulous jeans!

by: Irene Bull...

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

SewBaby Sleeve Saver Smock Pattern