Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6518 (Misses' Lined Dress)

Review submitted in Little Red Dress Contest
Reviewed by:NhiHuynh

About NhiHuynhstarstarstar
Member since: 1/4/11
Posted on:2/11/12 4:08 PM
Last Updated:9/2/12 2:54 PM

Amanda S. said... (9/3/12 2:53 PM) Reply
Both versions are super cute!!!
NC Carol said... (9/3/12 10:47 AM) Reply
Great job! Both of these dresses look great on you! The time spent on fitting issues was well spent!
zoe said... (9/2/12 6:56 PM) Reply
Wow- the grey version looks so comfortable, but so classic. Gorgeous!
Ms. McCall said... (9/2/12 5:14 PM) Reply
LOVE the gray version- either you've lost weight, or the fabric is very flattering. I also really like the front pleats in the gray version, I hadn't even noticed them in the red dress.
magpie57 said... (3/14/12 11:28 PM) Reply
If I had noticed this contest, you would have gotten my vote! I think this dress is adorable.
Soliel said... (3/8/12 10:05 PM) Reply
Darling! Very cute!
jenleeC said... (3/4/12 6:49 PM) Reply
Very pretty! The ruffle makes a nice detail on the simple lines of this dress.
cloudyhn said... (3/4/12 5:56 PM) Reply
Very cute...
Margaret said... (3/4/12 4:30 PM) Reply
Great dress! I love the contrast inset and how you finished the ruffles. The fit looks very nice!
JenniferMM said... (2/28/12 8:58 AM) Reply
Very cute! I love the print you chose! Thanks for the helpful review - I have little patience for so many alterations so, its probably best I leave it alone for now, though it was on my wishlist. You did a great job pushing through yours though! I would have never guessed you had any issues with it.
annakeeton said... (2/26/12 9:15 PM) Reply
Great job converting your dress to a knit fabric and making it work for an off-grain print.
StudioCherie said... (2/20/12 1:54 PM) Reply
Terrific review. I love flounces and yours look great. Perfect fabric choice. I hope you enjoy your free pattern.
thimbledore said... (2/17/12 8:52 AM) Reply
Ooh, I really like this! You did a lovely job. I bought this pattern on sale recently and look forward to giving it a go.
petro said... (2/14/12 3:19 PM) Reply
Terrific dress, I love the asymmetric ruffles.
ltmc said... (2/14/12 2:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful!!! I love it!
sewbehind said... (2/13/12 10:29 AM) Reply
Very cute dress, that is pretty enough to wear for Valentine's day, let alone household chores!
mtnbluebird said... (2/12/12 3:27 PM) Reply
Really nice dress. Very complimentary.
Aroura said... (2/12/12 11:03 AM) Reply
This is such a pretty dress! Love the print, it's perfect for that contest. And you look great in red!
NhiHuynh said... (2/12/12 0:51 AM) Reply
zoe yes, the ruffle edge was done on a serger. I couldn't resist how quickly it could do this edge. zoe & nickle624 great minds... I can't wait to see your dresses.
nickelc624 said... (2/12/12 0:38 AM) Reply
love your dress. I'm making the same one for the contest....same pattern, not fabric. great minds...
zoe said... (2/11/12 9:13 PM) Reply
Your dress looks beautiful on you! Well, I'm still working on mine ( slow going as I only can do some each Saturday). I too, ( as I told you ) struggled to fit the bodice. Mine is in a handkerchief linen, and those ruffle's tiny hems do take some time! Yours look nice; (I assume that may be from a serger?) Great job!
coudcoud said... (2/11/12 6:07 PM) Reply
Very cute on you.
Kathhhhhy said... (2/11/12 4:34 PM) Reply
Love that you used a knit. I just picked up this pattern and may have to try it in a knit.
JTink said... (2/11/12 4:19 PM) Reply
Very pretty. Great job on the ruffles.

by: cleverkitt...