Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8648 (Misses' Dress)

Review submitted in Little Red Dress Contest

Last Updated:3/1/12 10:38 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people

Klutzy said... (5/5/12 5:50 AM) Reply
Wow, very thorough and helpful review! The dress looks great, but your review convinced me I'm not ready for a pattern this complicated, even with a class. I'm sorry I can't figure out how to send private emails--would you mind telling me where you got your industrial strength bra? We're similar sizes and I need one!
Tina Lou said... (3/10/12 3:35 PM) Reply
Thanks for an excellent review - you look wonderful in your dress! I too have signed up for the class and am anxiously waiting for time to devote to it. Thanks also for letting us see how wonderful this looks in a knit - I love the comfort of knit dresses, and your thoughtful tips for changing the fabric type will certainly come in handy!
Soliel said... (3/8/12 10:09 PM) Reply
It looks more chic the way you did than on the pattern.
Margaret said... (3/4/12 4:32 PM) Reply
Great dress, excellent fit, and the color looks wonderful on you!
magpie57 said... (3/4/12 1:49 PM) Reply
Loved reading your review-the fluffy and industrial strength parts cracked me up! I never would had thought that that would fit on a lady that is 'fluffy' like you and me! It is very flattering. You have given me the courage to try a dress.
waikikimum said... (3/3/12 4:12 AM) Reply
A lovely dress and very flattering.
Sherril Miller said... (3/2/12 9:21 PM) Reply
Your dress turned out great, and even better, I have the pattern in my stash. You look really good in it. I'm sure you're smiling on the inside. ;D
nicegirl said... (3/2/12 10:16 AM) Reply
What a fantastic fit! This looks great on you.
Sassy T said... (3/2/12 7:00 AM) Reply
Looks great on you.
annakeeton said... (3/2/12 6:44 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress
jo lin said... (3/2/12 6:31 AM) Reply
Thank you for your review. I have this pattern and hope mine turns out as great as yours.
Scheri said... (3/2/12 1:56 AM) Reply
Great dress. Glad you did the review have this pattern and have signed up for class online. Enjoy your dress!
BeaJay said... (3/1/12 3:36 PM) Reply
Love your dress. I might try this pattern myself - very flattering. Great job.
mangoflavor said... (3/1/12 2:53 PM) Reply
Great job - it fits you really well!
4u2cme said... (3/1/12 1:42 PM) Reply
I also signed up for the class w/Susan. Thanks for reviewing this dress. Now I feel like I will have success with the pattern. Usually the dresses are too short so I'll be sure to check the length before cutting my dress. Your dress is flattering.
cmarie12 said... (3/1/12 9:18 AM) Reply
Riesie, I signed up for the class but was looking sideways at the pattern, but now that you've made such a lovely dress I feel confident to go ahead with it. This is not the first time I've followed you and ended up with a great pattern and I'm sure the results will be the same this time. Enjoy wearing your pretty dress!
ClaireEmily said... (3/1/12 6:21 AM) Reply
That is a very chic dress! The fit is great.
marec said... (3/1/12 0:36 AM) Reply
Riesie, this is an awesome dress, and looks terrific on you!
Riesie said... (3/1/12 0:26 AM) Reply
Yes, I omitted the zipper. I cut it with a back seam, just in case, but there was plenty of ease/stretch so I didn't bother with the zipper. Thanks for kind remarks, everybody.
marjoriekh said... (2/29/12 8:15 PM) Reply
Love the color, and it looks like you got a fantastic fit. Very flattering, I agree. I forget that woven patterns can often work well in knits -- I need to look more closely at this one. ETA: Did you leave out the zipper?
VogueMistress said... (2/29/12 7:46 PM) Reply
Great fit, and really flattering!
sewingfoo said... (2/29/12 7:44 PM) Reply
Great dress and color!
brissie71 said... (2/29/12 7:30 PM) Reply
Lovely dress, Riesie. It's such a pretty colour and the fit is spot on. Well done!

BurdaStyle Magazine 05-2006-123