Pattern Reviews> Other> 4663 (Anne Adams Vintage 50's Dress)

Review submitted in Vintage Contest Contest

Posted on:4/3/12 3:21 PM
Last Updated:4/5/12 5:05 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
HDWen said... (4/25/12 6:00 PM) Reply
Thank you - Yes a real find to see a website still carries buckles to cover! Thank you all - I LOVE these very cool sleeves too :-)
droxy said... (4/24/12 2:01 PM) Reply
Yay for you on pushing your limits and doing a dress that's really cool in the vintage fashion forward look.
Michele Lommasson said... (4/24/12 10:58 AM) Reply
Charming outfit. It looks truly vintage. Thanks for the info on the buckles (I wondered where those had gone).
StudioCherie said... (4/20/12 2:56 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress. I hope you get invited to a wedding or a fancy party so more people can enjoy it on you. I would bet you were the best dressed woman at the casino.
HDWen said... (4/20/12 5:11 AM) Reply
Also made the raisin charmeuse pants, and a sorbetto blouse for another option with that WOW sleeves bolero jacket :-) Thank you everyone.
petro said... (4/6/12 2:38 AM) Reply
What a lovely outfit! I especially like the cuffs, and the flared skirt. I think it will work really well in cottons too, for a different look.
beth5646 said... (4/6/12 0:57 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous.
waltzqueen said... (4/4/12 8:31 PM) Reply
Fabulous vintage dress! One of the best I've ever seen! Love your fabric and your great big smile. I am sure you have many many compliments at the Casino!
HDWen said... (4/4/12 1:36 PM) Reply
Thanks you so much. It feels so yummy on my skin to wear and I won $5.00 at the Casino lol!
homewerk said... (4/4/12 10:52 AM) Reply
I'm guessing this dress will bring good luck at the casino! Impressive styling.
nicegirl said... (4/4/12 10:34 AM) Reply
What a great outfit! Sounds like quite an adventure to sew.
mmcp said... (4/4/12 6:44 AM) Reply
It's a wonderful look, I love the collar and cuffs. Hope you get lots of great wear out of it.
Margaret said... (4/4/12 4:10 AM) Reply
Great dress and jacket, nice work and I love the fabrics! It seems to me like with these vintage patterns, often the smaller and mail order companies had even less complete instructions than the big 4. Congrats on figuring everything out -- looks great on you!
zoe said... (4/3/12 8:30 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! You look great in it. You certainly challenged yourself; and were very successful. I'd love to try a real vintage dress one day soon. I'm not quite up to it yet though.
Aroura said... (4/3/12 7:37 PM) Reply
Wow, really amazing work! I love the point cuffs on the jacket, super stylish.
velosewer said... (4/3/12 4:56 PM) Reply
Wow. I'm really floored with this outfit and you were right. You did wow your husband as well. Good job.

Christine Jonson Travel Trio One