Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 6557 (1974 Look Slimmer Dress)

Review submitted in Vintage Contest Contest
Reviewed by:lyndle

About lyndlestar
Member since: 3/19/06
Posted on:4/15/12 6:50 AM
Last Updated:4/15/12 8:12 PM

ImListening said... (4/26/12 5:07 PM) Reply
This is a very attractive dress. I guess it's the combination of style, fabric, fit, and sewing skill that makes it this way. The buttons are a nice detail.
Adventurer said... (4/24/12 11:19 PM) Reply
Congratulations on entering a contest! I haven't yet, but hope to. Really enjoyed your humor. Nice details and collar thingy.
magpie57 said... (4/23/12 11:38 PM) Reply
I think this looks lovely on you!! Sorry about your iron. I had one I loved that my husband bought before we got married. He needed it when he joined the military. It died the day he retired! 20 years and a few days. I guess that is the best they can do, 20 years!
Margaret said... (4/22/12 5:19 PM) Reply
Looks great on you! Sorry about the iron!
brissie71 said... (4/22/12 3:35 PM) Reply
What a lovely dress! I find it interesting that it's a vintage pattern as it looks so modern and fresh to me. I'm also sympathising with you on the technology fail - what a pain! :-)
StudioCherie said... (4/21/12 1:36 PM) Reply
Love the details and the fit. Your dress is beautiful.
Wianno Girl said... (4/21/12 12:07 PM) Reply
Agree it looks way better on you than the envelope and I add a great sense of humour keeps your mind open to solutions - Congrats on both.
mendospot said... (4/20/12 7:06 PM) Reply
I think it looks great. Please post it in the Gallery of the wikia vintage pattern board!
annie1129 said... (4/17/12 11:29 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
lyndle said... (4/16/12 10:41 PM) Reply
Winter here is a pretty sombre dressing time... at least for me. But you're right, I should keep this on the list of possible dresses in something pretty and summery for the end of the year.
Sherril Miller said... (4/16/12 6:13 PM) Reply
You did a great job on the fit. Now make it in something pretty.
KathySews said... (4/16/12 7:24 AM) Reply
you got a great fit and the dress looks great.
lyndle said... (4/15/12 4:24 PM) Reply
Thank you all for your lovely comments! It does look better than in the photo. New iron... hmm, the new irons I have tried out at other people's places all suck - I am getting out my screwdriver first!
Rebecca D said... (4/15/12 11:55 AM) Reply
Great design lines on this pattern and lovely fit on you. Sorry about the iron, but now you get a new one!
Heatherrique said... (4/15/12 11:15 AM) Reply
You look so fab in your new dress, which you gave a modern-day edge!
EleanorSews said... (4/15/12 10:43 AM) Reply
I really love the way you fitted this pattern. It is beautiful on you. Nice to have your aunt's buttons. That's always special. All in all, great! And, what a fun review to read ~ even better, useful.
sewhappygrams said... (4/15/12 9:08 AM) Reply
I love the style and the dress looks good on you! Love the fact that you used your Aunts old buttons. Isn't it great to access to vintage buttons? Thanks for the review and sharing with us.
petro said... (4/15/12 7:42 AM) Reply
I love the 'nice collar thingy', the seams near the top in the centre front panel and the buttons. Lots of style!
no7262 said... (4/15/12 7:22 AM) Reply
Looks great! I like it so much better on you then the envelope! I also enjoy your sense of humor! Nora :)

Merchant & Mills Top 64